[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Highway Maintenance Technicians
Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. (Jorgensen) is a world leader in maintenance management. For over 60 years Jorgensen has provided a diverse range of facility and highway infrastructure, consulting, maintenance and management services. Our professionals are in the forefront as facility managers, maintenance engineers, trainers, assets managers and solution providers. Our firm is focused on the operations and maintenance of transportation and public works infrastructure assets. Our maintenance operations are comprised of professional engineers, certified quality control inspectors, and experienced maintenance technicians with proficiency developing and executing highway infrastructure maintenance contracts throughout the United States. Our system approach to maintenance management is unparalleled in our industry. We know how to identify and implement innovative solutions for our client's toughest challenges.
Position summary: Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. is currently seeking full-time Maintenance Technicians to perform maintenance operations in the Fredericksburg/Stafford VA area. This position requires performing a variety of tasks related to highway maintenance and adherence to all applicable federal, state, and local regulations, as well as Jorgensen Company policies and procedures.
Work as a part of a team performing a variety of tasks related to highway maintenance. MUST be flexible and able to work on-call and nights when necessary. Highway maintenance tasks include, but not limited to:
- Lighting repair
- Sign repair
- Guardrail repair
- Bridge work and repair
- Heavy equipment operations
- Road Patrol
- Incident response
- Manual Labor
Roadway maintenance or construction experience
Clean driving record is essential
Must pass criminal background check
- High School Diploma/GED
- Maintain company standards for background checks (i.e. criminal record, driving record and controlled substance/drug testing)
- Knowledge of local driving rules and regulations
- Carry out simple arithmetic functions
- Maintain proper safety equipment required for each job
- Knowledge and ability to adapt to the latest technology
- Ability to use smart phone and applications
- Ability to adjust to changing work schedule
- Ability to work safely under ranging environmental and weather conditions
- Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds and perform manual labor
- Ability to operate hand/power tools
$17-$21/hr. Hourly rate depends on experience, certifications, and licenses
Full time. Must be flexible and available to work on-call when required.
Start Date Details:
- First day of hire will require a trip to our office yard based in Alexandria, VA for day one training and onboarding
- Position will normally report of our office yard in Stafford
Total Compensation Package to include: FREE PPE! Competitive base pay, annual profitability based bonus, eligible fo referral bonus, recognition incentives and extensive training opportunities. Comprehensive Benefit Plan options for full time employees to include: Health, Vision, & Dental insurance, 401(k) Retirement Plan, Vacation, Sick, 10 paid Holidays, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability coverage, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Critical Illness coverage, Pet Insurance Discount, Employee Assistance Plans and more!
Company will conduct Background check, MVR and Controlled Substance testing prior to hire.
Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity in our workforce. EOE/M/F/D/V