[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Immediate Need for HARD WORKING Millwright!!!
The company is an industry leader for 100 years. The facility is top of the line and we need top of the line people.
As a project Millwright, you'll have the opportunity to diagnose, repair, rebuild and maintain mechanical and hydraulic metal-forming punch presses, spinning machines and CNC machines. You'll also conduct inspections and oversee certain maintenance duties to make sure our machines are kept in good working order.
If you consider yourself a mechanically-savvy individual who enjoys problem solving, lots of variety, and working autonomously while being a part of a collaborative team, this position may be the perfect fit for you.
What You'll Do
• Build machine components to upgrade machine functionality and work with Engineering to ensure newly designed equipment meets standards for safety, performance and efficiency.
• Work collaboratively with the Toolroom, Maintenance Technicians, Safety and Engineering employees.
• Recommend, build and install all necessary safety equipment on plant machinery.
• Perform installation of new equipment and relocation of existing equipment throughout the plant.
• Diagnose machine malfunctions and operating difficulties.
• Perform repairs and make adjustments, either temporarily to keep machines running safely while developing a plan for permanent repairs.
• Set up new parts on the CNC machines.
• Setup, troubleshoot and repair of press automation systems.
• Troubleshoot and repair machine controls including PLC's and safety controls.
• Work with outside contractors and vendors for repairs and order supplies and parts as needed.
• High School diploma or GED required. A degree from a technical school preferred.
• 3-5 years of manufacturing experience required.
• Possess relevant skills to enable manufacturer of needed components using mills, lathes, surface grinders etc.
• Ability to troubleshoot and repair of machine controls including PLC's and safety controls.
• Experience with mechanical and hydraulic presses is essential; experience with Injection Molding machines or Compression machines or Metal Spinning machines is a plus.
• An understanding of load bearing properties of ropes, cables, hoists and cranes.
• Ability to read schematic diagrams and blueprints.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; a team player who works well with others in an experienced Tool Room environment.