[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Title: Project Manager
Position Type: Contract
Location: Columbus, OH
PIC Group has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to lead the charge with project management support for the Combined Heat and Power (CHP) Project in Columbus Ohio which will involve the review of EPC Contractor’s deliverables, the acceptance of EPC Contractor’s works with respect to quality, functionality and contract adherence. With this exciting project, you will be working with 100 MW of net power output with heating and cooling export to the facilities. The two-on-one (2x1) combined cycle CHP/DHC plant will utilize two (2) Siemens SGT-700 32MW combustion turbine generators (CTGs) powered by Natural Gas, two (2) Victory Energy Operations heat recovery steam generators (HRSGs) (Single Pressure, w/SCR & w/ Duct Burner System, and a single Siemens STT-700 (43MW) steam turbine generator (STG) (extraction condensing).
This position will also support in the review of EPC Contractor’s monthly claimed progress and validation thereof. You will also assist, as necessary in the establishment, and execution of project-specific sub-contracting strategies along with accountability for schedule, cost and quality performance, and for the initiation of responsive actions to achieve contract requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist the Sr. Project Manager in all necessary aspects including the project management.
• Providing comprehensive support for all contract developing processes.
• Provide support in claim management and documentation including variation management and reporting and contract entitlements.
• Prepare procurement documentation ensuring that suppliers, subcontractors and consultants are fully aware of their obligations for project delivery.
• Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
• As assigned, manage day-to-day operational aspects of the project and scope.
• Review deliverables prepared by the Team before passing to EPC Contractor.
• Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
• Ensure timely and accurate invoicing and monitor receivables for project.
• As assigned, Facilitate team and client meetings effectively.
• Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
• Monitor and inspect general erection / installation/commissioning activities of the EPC Contractor with regard to progress, compliance with the Contract and applicable codes/standards, quality, safety and environmental acceptance.
• Review and approve Contractor’s general erection/installation/commissioning work method statements.
• Review and approve project related general design/ engineering matters submitted by the EPC Contractor.
• Monitor and verify EPC Contractor’s general work progress for the purpose of progress payments.
• Engineering/Construction exposure in multiple disciplines
• Knowledge of construction pricing, scheduling and execution processes. Experienced at planning, developing and administering project tendering process
• Knowledge of Remeasure / Quantity Contracts and Lump Sum Contracts
• Additional education/training in Quantity Surveying, Commercial Management. NCMA certification preferred, not required.
• Knowledgeable of construction pricing, scheduling and execution processes.
• Knowledgeable of engineering scheduling and execution processes.
• Experienced at planning and administering project administrative processes.
• Knowledgeable of employment guidelines and safety regulations.
• Experienced at planning, developing and administering project tendering process.
• 10- 15 years’ of project management experience in power and/or utility stations.
• Minimum of 5+ years of management experience in power projects including construction and commissioning
• Minimum of 5 years of contract administration experience in the power generation industry.
• Minimum of 3 years of project management experience for large projects.
• Excellent physical condition and flexibility to work shifts and overnight.
• Occasional physical lifting required. Lifting and moving around machines with a typical weight of 30 pounds and/or other accessories.
Education / Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree.
• Formal recognized certificate in the required specialization, PMP (desired, not required).
We are proud to offer competitive wages and benefits. Prior to beginning work, all applicants must be willing to submit to a drug and alcohol screen as well as a background check, inclusive of criminal. We seek out and employ talented individuals who meet the qualifications for each position. PIC Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Due to the large number of responses we receive to our postings, only those applicants with the required experience and qualifications will be contacted.