[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Job Title: Environmental Regulatory Specialist
Location: Richland, WA
Duration: 12 Months
Our client has a need for an Environmental Regulatory Specialist. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with a leading company, we want to talk with you!
The selected Environmental Regulatory Specialist will be assigned to perform services for Company’s new nuclear projects. The selected individual will review present and historical environmental data and site characterization information, National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA) documents, Site Certification Agreements (SCA) and supporting documentation, and United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) Environmental Reports and associated environmental compliance documents to assist with the permitting of new nuclear projects. The Environmental Regulatory Specialist will support the Company new nuclear projects in the areas of land use, natural and cultural resources, planning, permitting, land leases, environmental compliance, and regulatory review. The Environmental Regulatory Specialist will report to the Company’s New Nuclear Environmental Planning Supervisor.
Experience with the SEPA and EFSEC are critical to this role. The selected individual must have experience with reporting under SEPA, NEPA, or other state equivalent reporting. SEPA experience is mandatory; however, a candidate lacking SEPA experience may demonstrate competency through a strong resume of NEPA and other state equivalent project experience. The Environmental Regulatory Specialist must have the ability to independently research, review, and evaluate historical environmental compliance documents to determine how to reuse supporting information for the new nuclear projects. The selected individual must work with independence and minimal direction. General Tasks and Scope of Work
* Technical subject matter expert that can adhere to scope, schedule, and budget on preparation of environmental documents, including SEPA documents, NRC Environmental Reports, NEPA documents, and the associated technical documents (biological reports, ESA reports, etc.). Promptly advises supervisor when scheduled deliverables are delayed or may not be met.
* Provides environmental and regulatory services to Company new nuclear projects. Maintains knowledge and understanding of permitting and licensing requirements, including regulatory changes affecting the new nuclear projects.
* Performs environmental and regulatory work requiring a considerable exercise of independent analysis and judgment on environmental issues. Acts as an expert resource for environmental program elements. Communicates to supervisor impact, and develops for approval, strategies for compliance to regulations in a safe and cost-effective manner.
* Prepares and reviews complex licensing and environmental documents and reports, including technical sections of environmental impact analyses for Company new nuclear projects (including biology, air, water, land, transportation, etc.).
The Environmental Regulatory Specialist is a technical subject matter expert with 10+ years of experience in environmental and regulatory services.
Experience drafting and reviewing biological, Endangered Species Act (ESA), cultural resources, and National Historic Preservation Act reports is highly desired. Experience working with local, state, and federal government agencies, in Washington State entities on environmental documents and permits is highly preferred. EFSEC experience is highly preferred. A Bachelor’s Degree in biology, Environmental Sciences, Urban Planning, Physical Sciences, Social Sciences, or related field is preferred. 10+ years’ experience as an environmental Regulatory Specialist in the preferred or required fields is required.
Washing State Expertise is a Must.
As an employee with ASAP, you will be working through an established and well-respected organization that goes above and beyond for our Clients and Talent. We are dedicated to providing our Associates with professional and responsive attention and we are here to assist with any questions or concerns you may have. Your diligence and professional commitment will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits.
Available benefits for this position may include (but are not limited to):
• Excellent medical, dental, and vision
• Short Term Disability/LTD
Who We Are:
ASAP is the expert solution for companies seeking a skilled contract/contingent workforce. Our expertise, market knowledge and recruitment proficiency make us the source for providing companies seeking highly skilled Financial, IT, Engineers and Technicians to fill contract, temp-to-perm, and direct hire opportunities.