[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Perini Management Services, Inc. (PMSI), a federal government prime contractor, seeks a Design-Build Project Engineer to join our team in Kodiak Alaska.
• Ensure project engineering activities comply with company and contract requirements and support overall construction schedule
• Review Phased Design Submissions for RFP Compliance, Constructability, Consistency with Subcontractor Proposals
• Provide technical support for construction effort including participation in construction planning and design; interpretation of design; application of construction methods; resolution and documentation of design conflicts; constructability reviews, review of product data submittals
• Develop, implement and administer project engineering procedures and other work controlling documents.
• Represent company, project and/or department during A/E, client and project management meetings, including keeping and distributing meeting minutes.
• Interface all on-site departments as required to resolve problems, ensure quality of construction, etc. in support of overall project schedule
• Provide support on preconstruction activities, including subcontractors, purchase orders and procurement
• Management of post-design construction submittals and requests for information
• Monitor Construction Progress versus Schedule, participate in Subcontractor Management and administration
• Other duties as assigned
• Four year engineering or construction related degree or equivalent technical training and related experience
• Work Experience as Construction Project Engineer
• Working knowledge of construction engineering and management related codes, standards, etc.
• Proficient with MS Outlook, MS Office (Word, Excel, Etc.) and Bluebeam
• Knowledge of CAD, Primavera, Prolog & Procure
• Excellent communication, writing and interpersonal skills
• Ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance Preferred
• PE, EIT, and/or other relevant Certifications/Licenses Preferred
Position based in Kodiak Alaska area with some domestic travel potential.
In accordance with PMSI's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of serious hazards, we have adopted a COVID-19 vaccination requirement for all new hires. We have implemented this requirement (subject to exceptions required by law, as explained below) in order to safeguard the health of our employees and their families; our clients; the contractors, vendors, and other parties with whom we regularly interact. This requirement will help protect our workforce and these groups from COVID-19 infections, which may be reduced or prevented by vaccination.
Should you have questions about PMSI's policy or wish to discuss an exemption, please let your recruiter know. This policy is subject to change as the transmission rate of COVID-19 and other facts and circumstances evolve.