[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
NextEra Energy is seeking a Lead Sr. Project Manager to join our clients Execution team in the Distributed Generation, Engineering & Construction Execution Team. Responsible to oversee all aspects of solar plant construction including interconnect, site work, owner purchased material, safety, startup and commissioning, and project close out. This position is responsible for the overall management of the team and assigned projects, to ensure compliance within required budgetary, scheduling, and safety goals.
Job Details / Essential Job Functions:
Employees in this role coordinate and manage construction work performed by contractors and/or vendors at the project site. Employees in this role manage the engineering, procurement and construction oversight-activities necessary to construct, start-up, and commence commercial operations.
- Leads construction managers and directs all phases of assigned cross-organizational or business unit projects demonstrating proficiency in all project management areas in accordance with accepted project management processes and procedures.
- Oversight, and management responsibility (including performance mgmt. & reporting) for a portfolio of small to large size projects in support of organizational goals and objectives. Identifies key stakeholder project specific objectives and requirements.
- Ensures assigned individuals are executing the identified and assigned tasks and providing appropriate tracking and reporting per plan.
- Provides in-depth analysis of project culminating with lessons learned and historical reports for incorporation into future project plans.
- Provides assessment of team performance to appropriate management.
- Develops solutions to complex problems that require ingenuity and innovation.
- Works collaboratively with resources and sub suppliers in various disciplines to determine project priorities, schedule and work plans to meet milestones.
- Manages sub tier suppliers to the requirements outlined in contracts or purchase orders as the lead manager and administrator.
- Manage onsite company representative staff (Inspectors).
- Reporting daily, weekly and monthly on progress, indicators, and recovery plans to upper management.
- Ensures projects are efficiently, effectively and safely implemented in accordance with department procedures, local regulations, contracts and policies.
- Verifies constructability, ensures proper resource allocations, assesses field status and resolves issues as needed.
- Leads project meetings and reviews budget, schedule, quality, risk tracker, and contingency allocations.
- Interfaces with project's designated management committees or third parties, and acts as lead Company representative of project activities.
- Manage execution requirements stipulated in the Interconnect Agreement, Purchase Power Agreement, and Independent System Operator to achieve back-feed, sync and commercial operation.
- Manages walk down of planned work, validates acceptance of completed work to design requirements, approves contractor payment requests.
- Supervises activities and/or coordinates activities or groups, such as safety programs, engineering, construction, budget, and analysis and contract administration.
- Oversees commissioning activities to meet corporate objectives, with limited project management, scheduling and estimating resources.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited course of study, in business, engineering (mechanical or civil), project management or construction management.
- 5 + years of experience in project management or business operations.
- 5 + years of experience leading through influence & integrating across teams.
- Highly motivated and organized with demonstrated leadership skills.
- Excellent project management, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional computer skills MS word, Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Proficient understanding in schedule and planning.
- Focused experience in power systems and project management with experience in related engineering and construction of renewable energy projects.
- Experience with utility scale solar projects with a strong bias for action-oriented performers with business acumen