[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Talascend is looking for qualified candidates to apply for the Civil Superintendent position located in Lincoln, NE/Mankato, MN/Des Moines, IA.
• Provide on-site administrative and technical management of field related activities on construction project site.
• Supervise construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule.
• Includes interfacing with client representatives, A/E representatives, other contractors, etc., under supervision of Construction Manager and Project Manager.
• Plan, coordinate and supervise on-site functions (scheduling, engineering, material control, and may provide day-to-day direction of on-site administrative staff).
• Supervise craft employees and/or other contractors as required by the contract.
• May authorize and/or approve purchase requisitions, field design change requests, etc., under supervision of Construction Manager and Project Manager.
• Provide technical assistance, i.e., interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment, etc., as required.
• Assist project management in developing and implementing project procedures, working documents, standards, etc.
• Ensure all on-site personnel comply with project procedures, safety program requirements, work rules, etc.
• Document all violations, notify project management, recommend/implement corrective actions as required.
• Assume responsibility for productivity of crafts, efficient use of materials and equipment, and contractual performance of the project.
• Responsible for cost control and project scheduling.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum 7 years construction management experience or craft supervision experience in a similar facility.
• Position requires excellent communications skills and supervisory skills of field construction personnel.