[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. (Jorgensen) is a world leader in maintenance management. For over 60 years Jorgensen has provided a diverse range of facility and highway infrastructure, consulting, maintenance and management services. Our professionals are in the forefront as facility managers, maintenance engineers, trainers, assets managers and solution providers. Our firm is focused on the operations and maintenance of transportation and public works infrastructure assets. Our maintenance operations is comprised of professional engineers, certified quality control inspectors, and experienced maintenance technicians with proficiency developing and executing highway infrastructure maintenance contracts throughout the United States. Our system approach to maintenance management is unparalleled in our industry. We know how to identify and implement innovative solutions for our client's toughest challenges.
Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. is currently seeking full-time Fleet Mechanic to perform fleet maintenance operations in the Grand Prairie, TX area. This position is technical and skilled role responsible for inspecting, servicing, and repairing company-owned tractors, trailers, heavy equipment and vehicles both in the maintenance shop and in the field. The mechanic position requires experience servicing and performing maintenance, diagnosis, and repairs on fleet trucks (from ½ to 1 ton) and off-road equipment in a safe, efficient, quality minded and client-focused manner. Candidate is expected to adhere to all applicable federal, state, and local regulations, as well as Jorgensen Company policies and procedures.
Major Functions of the Job
- Diagnose, along with other mechanic,cause of any malfunction and perform repairs to manufacturer's specifications including engines, transmissions and clutches, suspension and steering, fuel and ignition (gas and diesel), electrical systems, brakes, HVAC systems, malfunctions and emergency roadside repair in a safe, efficient, and quality manner.
- Perform required inspections and preventive maintenance on Fleet trucks, Trailers, Mid-size trucks & Heavy Equipment to maximize the safety, productivity, and life of the unit.
- Repair vehicles and equipment inside the yard, maintenance shop, and in the field as directed.
- Safely repair vehicles that have broken down on the road to ensure that the Company's equipment is returned to operation in a safe and efficient manner.
- Manage the scheduling and performing of all routine service maintenance for the fleet.
- Effective scheduling of work to maximize the workday and meet deadlines.
- Safely operate hand/power tools and equipment required to do each job; care for and maintain these tools and equipment to prolong the useful life.
- Observes safety and security procedures, reports potentially unsafe conditions, reports injuries/accidents immediately, demonstrates safe behavior at all times, especially when using company property and/or operating equipment or vehicles.
- Safely operate company owned vehicles & equipment.
- Performs other job-related duties as required
- Must be able to work with technicians during snow, ice, and other weather related events
- This position requires independent and team work under ranging weather and environmental conditions, including high vehicle traffic operations.
- Must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 lbs. frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Will ascend/descend structures to perform job duties.
- Work safe and independently in vehicle traffic zones.
- Ability to work safely in a wide range of environmental and weather conditions (i.e. work in hot, cold or wet conditions for extended periods of time).
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time while operating equipment.
- Hydraulic systems preferred
Bilingual: English/Spanish (read/write) preferred but not required
Clean driving record is essential
Must pass criminal background check
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Vocational or Technical certification preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with:
- Dual propane fuel systems preferred, but not required
- Roadway equipment repair and maintenance
- Vehicle and small engine repair and maintenance
- Working knowledge in the use of hand tools required
- Speak, read, write and comprehend the English language
- Demonstrated effective leadership abilities
- Maintain company standards for background checks (i.e. criminal record, driving record and controlled substance/drug testing)
- Knowledge of local driving rules and regulations
- Carry out simple arithmetic functions
- Maintain proper safety equipment required for each job
- Neat, clean and presentable appearance
- Knowledge and ability to adapt to the latest technology
- Ability to use smart phone and applications
- Ability to adjust to changing work schedule and multitask
- Full time; M-F 7:30am-4:00pm.
- Must be able to work during snow, ice, and other weather related events
Total Compensation Package to include: FREE PPE! Competitive base pay, annual profitability based bonus, eligible for referral bonus, recognition incentives and extensive training opportunities. Comprehensive Benefit Plan options for full time employees to include: Health, Vision, & Dental insurance, 401(k) Retirement Plan, Vacation, Sick, 10 paid Holidays, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability coverage, Flexible Spending Accounts, Pet Insurance Discount, Health Savings Accounts, Critical Illness coverage, Employee Assistance Plans and more!
Company will conduct Background check, MVR and Controlled Substance testing prior to hire.
Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity in our workforce. EOE/M/F/D/V
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. - All rights reserved.