[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
At PIC Group, Inc., our emphasis is on excellence. We recruit the strongest candidates in the power generation industry. As a global service provider, we continually seek talented individuals.
Title: Instrument and Electrical Commission Lead
Job Type: Contract
Location: Cody, WY
Reports to: Commissioning Manager
The Instrument and Electrical Commissioning Lead will support a new 50MW reciprocating engine project located in Cody, WY. Reporting to the Commissioning Manager, the Instrument and Electrical Commissioning Lead is a multi-role position accountable for Safety Lockout and Tagout related activities, in addition to the responsibility for the verification of the installation and set-up of all instruments, control systems and electrical equipment in the plant. Principal areas of responsibility are to serve as the tagging authority (LOTO Program), and conducting highly skilled work related to the inspection, testing, adjustment, repair, removal, and installation of electronic and electrical plant equipment and systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible and accountable for safety lockout and tagout related activities.
• Meet project team goals and objectives related to Health, Safety and Environmental.
• Assists in the development, implementation and monitoring of site-specific lockout tagout procedures.
• Responsible for direct interface with construction, startup and craft personnel coordinating work permitting and tagging.
• Establish and maintain communications to ensure accurate and timely flow of information.
• Measure and maintain the reliability and performance of plant control systems and instruments involving such work as installing, inspecting, testing, and diagnosing the operating conditions of all types of motors, generators, transformers, switches, control equipment, wiring, electrical signal and communication systems, and storage batteries, and work with electrical systems up to and including 4,160 volts.
• Calibrating, testing, troubleshooting, re-working, modifying, and inspecting plant instrumentation and control components and systems.
• Participate in the administrative maintenance of the plant operating manuals, technical references, prints, and diagrams and preventive/predictive maintenance records.
• Other duties as assigned.
• The successful candidate should have demonstrated core competencies around plant operational principles and OSHA Lockout / Tagout Requirements.
• Ability to read and understand technical drawings and documentation.
• Detailed understanding of energy hazards.
• Demonstrated successful performance as Lockout Tagout (LOTO) Coordinator of multiple projects.
• Ability to perform in a fast-paced, multitasking environment, with limited supervision.
• Proficient with use of Microsoft Office Products (Access, Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook).
• Ability to walk, reach, climb, stoop, and lift (up to 75 pounds).
Education / Experience:
• Electrical Engineering Degree, Technology Certification, or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years instrumentation, electrical and LOTO experience on similar projects.
• Experience with Distributed Control Systems (DCS) is preferred.
• OSHA-10 required; OSHA-30 preferred
PIC Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive wages and benefits. We seek out and employ talented individuals who meet the qualifications for each position. Due to the large number of responses we receive to our postings, only those applicants with the required experience and qualifications will be contacted.