[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Shop welder and fitter needed for work in St Louis, MO
Must have at least 3+ years in Welding shop. Must be able to weld as well as fit
Scope of work: Utilizing the FCAW process in flat and horizontal positions, requiring attention to detail. Material is all carbon steel, mainly beams and columns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Dress metal parts, using hand tools, torch, or arc welding equipment.
o Operate grinders, arc air, cutting torch and other hand-held tools.
o Layout, fit-up, and weld plates, clip angle, channel and other misc. items to structural beams and columns.
• Determine required equipment and welding method to complete complex or difficult assignments
• Read blueprints to determine measurements
• Analyze engineering drawings and specifications to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations
• Lays out, positions, and tack welds parts and assemblies according to specifications
• Fabricate and fit steel pieces
• Perform full penetration in the 1G and 2G position
• Position work pieces using an overhead crane or a jib crane
• Inspect completed work for conformance to specifications
Will start 11-14 and last several months
50-60 Hours a week
10 hour days
Pay is $26-28 BOE $630 a week per diem