[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Casa Grande, AZ
$30 per hour + $100 per day per diem
RIGGER/IRON WORKER RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Sets up hoisting equipment, raising and placing structural-steel members, with basic rigging knowledge for raising and placing structural steel members.
• Fastens steel members to cable of hoist, using chain, cable or rope.
• Signals worker operating hoisting equipment to lift and place steel members.
• Guides member, using tag line in order to guide it into position.
• Pulls, pushes or pries steel members into approximate position while member is supported by hoisting device.
• Forces members into final position, using turnbuckles, crowbars, jacks and hand tools.
• Aligns bolt holes in steel member using drift pins or spud wrenches.
• Verifies vertical and horizontal alignment of members using plumb bob and level. Bolts align members to keep them in position until they can be permanently bolted or welded in place.
• Cuts and welds steel members to make alterations using oxyacetylene welding equipment and supplies.
• Loads, transports, unloads material, tools, equipment and supplies.
• May assist in lifting, positions and securing of materials and work pieces during installation.
• Performs minor maintenance or cleaning activities of tools and equipment.
• Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules, including wearing required personal safety equipment. Performs other duties as required.
RIGGER/IRON WORKER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Work within precise limits to standards of accuracy.
• Apply shop mathematics to solve problems.
• Plan work and select proper tools.
• Compare and see differences in size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects.
• Picture solid objects from drawings or diagrams.
• Rate information using standards that can be measured or checked.
Rigger/Iron Worker Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; use hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
RIGGER/IRON WORKER QUALIFICATIONS:
May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.