[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
North Dakota Licensed Electrician
$50 p/h + $150 per day per diem
6/10s for 4 months
MUST HAVE A NORTH DAKOTA ELECTRICAL LICENSE
Hooking up pump stations
Journeyman Electrician Description:
• Prepares sketches showing location of wiring and equipment or follows diagrams or blueprints insuring that concealed wiring is installed before completion of future walls, ceilings, and flooring.
• Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assembles and installs electrical conduit using such tools as a hacksaw, pipe threader, rules and conduit benders.
• Pulls wiring through conduit, assisted by helper.
• Splices wires by stripping insulation from terminal leads with knife or pliers, twisting or soldering wires together and applying tape or terminal caps.
• Connects wiring to lighting fixtures and power equipment using hand tools.- Installs control and distribution apparatus, such as switches, relays and circuit- breaker panels, and fastens in place with crews or bolts using hand or power tools.
• Connects power cables to equipment and installs grounding leads.
• Test continuity of circuit to insure electrical compatibility and safety of components using testing instruments such as ohmmeter, battery and buzzer and oscilloscope.
• Observes functioning of installed equipment or system to determine hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
• Disassembles and repairs defective electrical equipment or systems.
• Load, transport and unload material, tools, equipment and supplies.
• Maintains tools and equipment.
• Be able to distinguish colors.
• Knowledge of certain procedures such as LOTO, etc.
• Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules. Performs other duties as required.
JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIANS QUALIFICATIONS:
May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.