[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Ingite Recruitment is currently helping one of the largest heavy highway construction companies in the U.S. find a new Estimator in the Upstate of SC and Western parts of North Carolina.
As estimator/vended asphalt mix salesperson, you will attend pre-bid/pre-construction meetings, review proposal documents, plans and specifications to understand the scope of work in preparation of preparing bids. You will be responsible for performing take-offs, analysis of subcontractor & vendor quotes, estimates, and preparing and submitting quotes for all projects across Upstate South Carolina and our Western North Carolina operations. You will work with customers, architects, engineers, contractors, DOT officials and trade associations to provide information and cost data regarding project feasibility. You will participate with job set-up/conforming budgets, submittals, change orders and progress estimate/billing process. You will assist our construction project management team resolve site problems and help determine schedule and cost impacts.
The successful candidate for this role will have an uncompromising emphasis on safety excellence.
- Active participation with company safety program, values, policies, and strategic plan
- Reviews plans, specifications, contract documents and attend pre-bid meetings to understand requirements for accurate bid preparation
- Communicate with Owners, Engineers, Architects, Customers, and internal team members to develop bid packages and resolve issues
- Analyzes quotes, historical cost, and pricing information for preparation of bids and construction subcontracts
- Leads the estimate handoff process from bid to the construction management team
- Resolves site problems with construction management team assisting with cost and schedule impacts through the utilization of P6 scheduling software
- Responsible for asphalt sales, weekly ticket activity report and collections
- Follow-up to ensure completion and close-out of projects
- Perform additional tasks and assignments as necessary to meet deadlines or at managements discretion
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelorís degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 10 years estimating, sales and heavy civil/asphalt construction experience
- Experience with NCDOT, SCDOT, city, county, large industrial, complex FAA and integrated projects preferred
- Ability to utilize software tools at a proficient skill level (Microsoft Suite, HCSS Heavy Bid, HCSS Heavy Job Cost, Dodge Market Leader, AGTEK, CADD, Blue Beam, Bid Tabs, P6 Scheduling)
- Strong leadership, negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Time management and delegation skills are a must to meet tight bid schedules.
Extensive benefits with annual incentives and company vehicle.
An Equal Opportunity Employer seeking candidates without regard to age, race, national origin, gender, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other protected status.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. - All rights reserved.