[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Journeyman Highway Electrician
Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. (RJA) is a world leader in maintenance management. For over 60 years Jorgensen has provided a diverse range of facility and highway infrastructure, consulting, maintenance and management services. Our professionals are in the forefront as facility managers, maintenance engineers, trainers, assets managers and solution providers. Our system approach to maintenance management is unparalleled in our industry. We know how to identify and implement innovative solutions for our client's toughest challenges.
Position summary: Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. is currently seeking a full-time Journeyman Highway Electrician to perform maintenance operations in the Austin, TX area. This position requires performing a variety of tasks related to highway maintenance and adherence to all applicable federal, state, and local regulations, as well as Jorgensen company policies and procedures.
The Journeyman Electrician is responsible for perform electrical installation, troubleshooting, repair, maintenance, and other electrical services on roadway/facility lighting and electrical systems.
Supervisor experience 1+ years
Possess as a MINIMUM, a valid JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICAL LICENSE
Roadway electrical knowledge preferred
CDL A or B
• Must be familiar with 480V and below 3-phase and single phase electrical power
• Roadway lighting experience is a plus, but not mandatory
• A high degree of professionalism and strong work ethic coupled with a sense of responsibility and integrity required.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, dependability and the ability to communicate with all levels in the organization required.
• Solid organizational skills required.
• Attention to detail and prioritization skills needed.
• Ability to work under tight time constraints as needed.
• Ability to work independently but also manage a team; Supervisory experience preferred, but not mandatory
• Willingness to take direction from various sources required.
• Some computer experience desired
• Neat and legible handwriting skills
• Perform basic math skills including calculations using fractions, percent, and/or ratios
• Dependable and highly organized with business maturity, discretion, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude
• Possess a clean driving record; CDL license a plus, but not mandatory
• Ability to pass pre-employment background screen
• Ability to work occasional nights and weekends
• Work effectively with co-workers and the client or his representatives and be able to communicate clearly and concisely with management
• Locate, identify, and make needed electrical repairs with minimal oversight
• Maintain roadway illumination and power.
• Maintain all facility interior and exterior electrical components.
• Follow company protocol for purchases and make cost conscious decisions
• Report all equipment failures or contractor requirements to electrical manager
• Execute preventive maintenance programs established by the organization.
• Work from elevated heights in company provided bucket trucks.
• Follow all safety guidelines established by industry and corporate policy.
• Assist with project retrofits and other project related work efforts
• Obtain and follow updates on all clients, Jorgensen, local, state and federal laws, rules, regulations, guidelines and ordinances.
• Practice client security regulations and procedures.
• Promote company management philosophy through personal example.
• Complete work orders on a hand held device with company specific software.
• Establish rapport with staff members
• Ability to be on-call and respond to emergencies both day-time and nighttime
Full time; Must be flexible and available to work on-call when required. Day shift with some scheduled night work and emergency response requirements.
Monday - Friday 7am-4pm
Total Compensation Package to include: FREE PPE! Competitive base pay, annual profitability based bonus, eligible fo referral bonus, recognition incentives and extensive training opportunities. Comprehensive Benefit Plan options for full time employees to include: Health, Vision, & Dental insurance, 401(k) Retirement Plan, Vacation, Sick, 10 paid Holidays, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability coverage, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Critical Illness coverage, Pet Insurance Discount, Employee Assistance Plans and more!
Company will conduct Background check, MVR and Controlled Substance testing prior to hire.
Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity in our workforce. EOE/M/F/D/V
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. - All rights reserved.