[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Heavy Equipment Operator
• Heavy equipment operation: 1-2 years (Preferred)
• CDL A (Preferred)
• Work authorization (Required)
$18-30 an hour
Full Job Description
KRB Gravel, LTD is looking to hire heavy equipment operators. We provide competitive benefits and a safe work environment and value to the local community with outstanding project quality and opportunity for employment.
Duties and responsibilities
• Operate various pieces of construction equipment used in earth moving operations (ex. Road grader, excavator, Pay Loader, Dozer, skid steer, etc)
• Operate construction equipment in accordance with company procedures and safety regulations
• Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment
• Operate the equipment in the right direction and angles to prevent accidents and damage of property
• Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment, and lubricate, refill and clean equipment as necessary
• Use various pieces of equipment to perform fine grading and finishing, sloping, and banking, backfilling, demolition, ditching, loading, excavating and stockpiling
• Operate equipment in various situations, maintaining proper awareness of one's surroundings
• Report needs for large repairs to appropriate parties
• Perform other related duties as required, directed, or as the situation dictates
• Minimum 1-2 years of operating construction equipment
• Experience on multiple pieces of construction equipment is preferred
• Possess a valid driver license
• Ability to pass a pre-employment urine drug test and submit to random drug and/or alcohol testing during employment
Physical Demands and Work Environment – ALL CRAFT AND FIELD POSITIONS
• Regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
• Exposure to moving mechanical parts.
• Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration.
• Noise levels in the work environment is usually loud.
• Ability to wear and work in personnel protective equipment including but not limited to hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, ankle-supporting safety-toed work boots and a safety vest.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Extensive moving or positioning heavy weighted materials (up to 50 lbs.).
• Must be able to traverse irregular and steep terrain.
• Must be able to respond quickly to sounds.
• Must be able to bend, stoop, and ascend/descend to reach materials or enter heavy equipment.
• The ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand.
Job Type: Full-time
Monday – Friday with overtime work available during the busy season
Ability to commute/relocate:
• Mayville, ND 58257
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. - All rights reserved.