[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for Sr Eng II - Sr Structural Engineer opportunities for our customer in Richland, WA to support the Waste Treatment Plant at the Hanford Site.
Full Time Office / Project - No Telework offered
Sr Eng II - Sr Structural Engineer
Join us as we make history at the Hanford Vit Plant, known as the Waste Treatment and Immobilization Plant. We are designing and building a one-of-a-kind facility that will turn radioactive and chemical waste left over from World War II and Cold War plutonium production into a form safe for disposal. Your efforts will help protect the nearby Columbia River and the communities, salmon, and wildlife along its shorelines throughout the Northwest.
Sitting at the confluence of the Columbia, Snake and Yakima rivers near two mountain ranges, our community provides access to year-round outdoor recreation, 300 days of sun a year, more than 200 wineries within a 50-mile radius, and the amenities of large cities just a three-hour drive (or short flight) to Seattle and Portland.
• Originate and check complex structural engineering deliverables, such as steel and concrete calculations, specifications, material requisitions.
• Reviews and coordinates technical documents with/from other engineering disciplines, procurement, and construction.
• Prepare technical reports related to specific design issues.
• Manage specifically assigned project activities.
• Assist in constructability reviews.
• Support construction by dispositioning field change requests and nonconformance reports.
• Act as a mentor or coach for subordinate engineers and designers.
• Schedule and coordinate off-project review requirements for engineering deliverables.
• Lead and/or participate in technical discussions with client, suppliers, construction, etc.
BS in structural/civil engineering from an accredited university or college, and 9 years progressive related experience, in lieu of a degree 15 years of related experience.
Prior experience working in a Nuclear Quality and Safety Environment.
• Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical (if located at the construction site), and background check which includes verification of employment and education.
• Must be able to obtain a Department of Energy badge for access to the Hanford Site. (Even if teleworking, must still be able to comply with security requirements to obtain a badge)
• Must possess the right to work and remain in the United States without sponsorship.
• Ability to independently execute the detailed design of complex steel and/or concrete structures.
• Thorough knowledge and application of the AISC Steel Construction Manual, ACI 318, and ASCE 7.
• Proficient in the use of structural analysis software such as GTSTRUDL or SAP 2000
• Experience with CADD applications, such as MicroStation or AutoCad.
• Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Thorough knowledge of engineering deliverables, such as drawings, specifications, and material requisitions and of construction methods for concrete and steel structures.
• Understands work processes of other disciplines and departments on projects.
• Ability to express technical issues in a clear and concise manner, both written and verbally.
• Ability to resolve design issues with subordinates, suppliers, other engineering disciplines, construction, and the client.
• Excellent listening, oral and written communication, planning and organizational skills are essential.
• Proficient in the use of Mathcad or similar software.
• Thorough knowledge of the provisions of ACI 349, AISC N690, ASCE 4-98, ASCE 7, and IBC codes.
• Familiar with Bechtel standard programs, such as ME-035, Base Plate II.
• Experience in the structural design of Nuclear and/or DOE facilities.
• Experience with managing discipline software life cycle documentation.
• Necessary skills to present technical subjects with competence and confidence.
• Experience in resolving field problems associated with proposed changes from Construction and working through Non-Conformances.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website: www.edgewatertech.net/careers
Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so. We look forward to hearing from you!
Salary is commensurate with education, experience and unique qualifications, and may range between $40 to $87 hourly.
Benefits may be structured to best suit your needs. We offer paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401 (k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning DAY 1.
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Founded in 2003, Edgewater is a professional and technical services firm supporting the U.S. Department of Energy and the U.S., U.K., and Canadian Commercial Nuclear Industry, and private sector businesses involved in high-hazard or complex operations. Edgewater proudly offers expertise in numerous technical disciplines necessary to support operational environments where Integrated Safety Management and formal, disciplined operations are essential to ensure safety, quality, security, and regulatory compliance.
Edgewater is committed to recruiting and maintaining a staff of highly skilled professionals to support our customers. In keeping with this objective, we offer highly competitive salaries and employee benefit packages structured to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401 (k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.
View all Edgewater opportunities at www.edgewatertech.net/careers