[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for Sr Eng III- Sr. Control Systems Specialist opportunities for our customer in Richland, WA to support the Waste Treatment Plant at the Hanford Site.
Full Time Office Project – No Telework
Sr Eng III- Sr. Control Systems Specialist
Join us as we make history at the Hanford Vit Plant, known as the Waste Treatment and Immobilization Plant. We are designing and building a one-of-a-kind facility that will turn radioactive and chemical waste left over from World War II and Cold War plutonium production into a form safe for disposal. Your efforts will help protect the nearby Columbia River and the communities, salmon, and wildlife along its shorelines throughout the Northwest.
Sitting at the confluence of the Columbia, Snake and Yakima rivers near two mountain ranges, our community provides access to year-round outdoor recreation, 300 days of sun a year, more than 200 wineries within a 50-mile radius, and the amenities of large cities just a three-hour drive (or short flight) to Seattle and Portland.
Senior Control Systems Specialist for the WTP High Level Waste Facility reporting to HLW Deputy EGS.
• Design of Piping and Instrument Diagrams (P&IDs) for various plant systems.?
• Origination and review of Safety System Requirements Specifications (SSRS).?
• Origination and review of safety setpoint calculations.?
• Origination and review of Probability of Failure on Demand (PFD) calculations.
• Origination and review of Safety Instrumented Function (SIF)calculations.
• Origination and review of safety loop diagrams.
• Origination and review of system design criteria.
• Origination and review of system design descriptions.
• Specification and application of instrumentation and general control valves/appurtenances.
• Preparation of control systems packages.
• Generation of instrument data sheets and material requisitions.
• Design and review of digital and analog control logic.
• Data entry to instrumentation, valve, and I/O databases.
• Allocation and layout of the facility control system I/O.
• Coordination of physical locations of instrumentation, control valves, control cabinets, etc.
• Design and review of cabinet layouts.
• Design and review of control room layouts, with consideration of human factors.
• Design and review of control system network architecture.
• Review of control systems graphic displays.
• Review of supplier-provided data and documentation.
• Participate in supplier factory acceptance testing.
• Coordination with other engineering disciplines and other functions.
• Perform plant walk-downs and generate walk-down notes/packages.
• Provide technical assistance and some leadership to more junior engineers, designers, drafters.
• Coordinate with client representatives, as required
• Experience in hazard analysis (e.g., HAZOPS).
• Comprehensive understanding and experience applying standards related to Safety Instrumented Systems (e.g., ISA 61511 or ISA 84.00.01 Functional Safety: Safety Instrumented Systems for the Process Industry Sector).
Familiar with standards related to Safety Systems designed for the nuclear industry, (e.g., IEEE 323, IEEE 379, IEEE 382, IEEE 384).
• Comprehensive understanding and experience designing and implementing Safety Instrumented Functions to achieve a specified Safety Integrity Level (SIL).
• Comprehensive understanding and experience of SIL determination.
• Comprehensive understanding and experience performing SIL verification calculations.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication, planning, and organizational skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft 365 application suite (e.g., Word, Excel, Access, Visio, PowerPoint, etc.) and other related computer programs required to perform job functions
• Extensive knowledge of control systems engineering work processes, procedures, and specifications.
• Willingness to travel on business trips in support of the project.
BS degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical sciences or equivalent degree plus a minimum of 13 years of related professional design experience. In lieu of a degree, 19 years of progressive related professional design experience.
• Experience in power plant or DOE facility design.
• Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical (if located at the construction site), and background check which includes verification of employment and education.
• Must be able to obtain a Department of Energy badge for access to the Hanford Site. (Even if teleworking, must still be able to comply with security requirements to obtain a badge)
• Must possess the right to work and remain in the United States without sponsorship.
• Working knowledge of Triconex Safety Control System.
• Professional Engineers (PE) License, or equivalent (such as Chartered Engineer).
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website: www.edgewatertech.net/careers
Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so. We look forward to hearing from you!
Salary is commensurate with education, experience and unique qualifications, and may range between $40 to $100 hourly.
Benefits may be structured to best suit your needs. We offer paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401 (k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning DAY 1.
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Founded in 2003, Edgewater is a professional and technical services firm supporting the U.S. Department of Energy and the U.S., U.K., and Canadian Commercial Nuclear Industry, and private sector businesses involved in high-hazard or complex operations. Edgewater proudly offers expertise in numerous technical disciplines necessary to support operational environments where Integrated Safety Management and formal, disciplined operations are essential to ensure safety, quality, security, and regulatory compliance.
Edgewater is committed to recruiting and maintaining a staff of highly skilled professionals to support our customers. In keeping with this objective, we offer highly competitive salaries and employee benefit packages structured to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401 (k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.
View all Edgewater opportunities at www.edgewatertech.net/careers