[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for Sr Eng II-Sr. Electrical Designer opportunities for our customer in Richland, WA to support the Waste Treatment Plant at the Hanford Site.
Full Time Office Project – No Telework
Sr Eng II-Sr. Electrical Designer
Join us as we make history at the Hanford Vit Plant, known as the Waste Treatment and Immobilization Plant. We are designing and building a one-of-a-kind facility that will turn radioactive and chemical waste left over from World War II and Cold War plutonium production into a form safe for disposal. Your efforts will help protect the nearby Columbia River and the communities, salmon, and wildlife along its shorelines throughout the Northwest.
Sitting at the confluence of the Columbia, Snake and Yakima rivers near two mountain ranges, our community provides access to year-round outdoor recreation, 300 days of sun a year, more than 200 wineries within a 50-mile radius, and the amenities of large cities just a three-hour drive (or short flight) to Seattle and Portland.
Upon initial hire and onboarding, the position will require full time presence in the Richland, Washington project office. This position works a 9/80 schedule, offering every other Friday off.
• AA/AS degree with 11 years of related design experience; or a high school diploma or equivalent and 15 years of related design experience.
• Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical (if located at the construction site), and background check which includes verification of employment and education.
• Must be able to obtain a Department of Energy badge for access to the Hanford Site. (Even if teleworking, must still be able to comply with security requirements to obtain a badge)
• Must possess the right to work and remain in the United States without sponsorship.
• Proficient experience in Microsoft Office Suite programs.
• Extensive knowledge & application of NEC code and ANSI/IEEE Standards.
• Hands-on experience with raceway and electrical equipment layouts.
• Must have proven 2D CADD and 3D skills.
• Must have experience with an electronic Cable Management System, such as the SETROUTE program, and be able to input and complete corrections to the data base.
• Must be able to effectively communicate, and work well with others and within a team. Must be able to collaborate well with other disciplines.
• Ability to cope with conflicting deadlines, frequent interruptions and multiple tasks.
• Excellent oral & written communications skills.
• Hands-on use or classes using in a 3D electrical model design platform.
• Previous lead designer or supervisory experience.
• Previous Bechtel and/or DOD or DOE project experience.
• Electrical Physical Design (and circuit and raceway).
• Responsible for raceway design, equipment location and layout, C&R schedule inputting and update, cable tray and aboveground conduit design.
• Works under the direction of the Engineering Group Supervisor and coordinates work with other designers.
• Produces drawings and documentation in accordance with established design and scope including design of lighting, communications, grounding layout, grounding designs/calculations, and lightning protection systems.
• Responsibilities also include ensuring that the electrical systems designs comply with all applicable installation codes, regulations and standards.
• May interface with Construction and Subcontractors.
• Capable of independent creative design, with direction, using Bechtel and industry proven concepts, and procedures.
• Travel may be required for on-boarding and to project location to coordinate electrical designs with team.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website: www.edgewatertech.net/careers
Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so. We look forward to hearing from you!
Salary is commensurate with education, experience and unique qualifications, and may range between $40 to $87 hourly.
Benefits may be structured to best suit your needs. We offer paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401 (k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning DAY 1.
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Founded in 2003, Edgewater is a professional and technical services firm supporting the U.S. Department of Energy and the U.S., U.K., and Canadian Commercial Nuclear Industry, and private sector businesses involved in high-hazard or complex operations. Edgewater proudly offers expertise in numerous technical disciplines necessary to support operational environments where Integrated Safety Management and formal, disciplined operations are essential to ensure safety, quality, security, and regulatory compliance.
Edgewater is committed to recruiting and maintaining a staff of highly skilled professionals to support our customers. In keeping with this objective, we offer highly competitive salaries and employee benefit packages structured to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401 (k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.
View all Edgewater opportunities at www.edgewatertech.net/careers