[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for Eng III- Electrical Engineer opportunities for our customer in Richland, WA to support the Waste Treatment Plant at the Hanford Site.
Full Time Office Project – No Telework
Eng III- Electrical Engineer
Join us as we make history at the Hanford Vit Plant, known as the Waste Treatment and Immobilization Plant. We are designing and building a one-of-a-kind facility that will turn radioactive and chemical waste left over from World War II and Cold War plutonium production into a form safe for disposal. Your efforts will help protect the nearby Columbia River and the communities, salmon, and wildlife along its shorelines throughout the Northwest.
Sitting at the confluence of the Columbia, Snake and Yakima rivers near two mountain ranges, our community provides access to year-round outdoor recreation, 300 days of sun a year, more than 200 wineries within a 50-mile radius, and the amenities of large cities just a three-hour drive (or short flight) to Seattle and Portland.
Upon initial hire and onboarding, the position will require full time presence in the Richland, Washington project office. This position works a 9/80 schedule, offering every other Friday off.
• BS degree in Electrical Engineering, from an accredited university, with 3 years of related electrical engineering experience.
• Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical (if located at the construction site), and background check which includes verification of employment and education.
• Must be able to obtain a Department of Energy badge for access to the Hanford Site. (Even if teleworking, must still be able to comply with security requirements to obtain a badge)
• Must possess the right to work and remain in the United States without sponsorship.
• Experience in Electrical Engineering developing documentation for Conceptual, Preliminary, and Final Design.
• FE/EIT Certification or able to obtain within 12 months of employment.
• Working knowledge of electrical codes and standards (NFPA, ANSI/IEEE, etc.).
• Working knowledge on electrical systems, schematics, and electrical equipment layouts.
• Working knowledge of electrical equipment specification and material requisition process, and developing procurement documentation in BPS.
• Experience with industry-wide electrical design tools, such as CAD 2D, ETAP, and Cable Management System.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• MS degree in Electrical Engineering, from an accredited university, with 1 year of related electrical engineering experience.
• Knowledge of Bechtel corporate guides and standards.
• Experience in facility construction, start-up and maintenance practices.
• Previous Bechtel and/or DOD or DOE project experience.
Primary engineering activities will be to provide the engineering design for HLW electrical systems and equipment for the entire facility in preparation for procurement and construction. This work includes the use of SETROUTE, BlockDraw, and ETAP for the HLW design. Individual must have an understanding of all engineering discipline drawings and electrical discipline wiring diagrams, control logic diagrams, system descriptions, system calculations, 1-line and 3-line drawings, schematics, electrical equipment layout and be able to size and specify equipment and perform cable sizing calculations. Performs special tasks and calculations/studies. Conducts checking as required. Properly interprets and applies codes & standards and customer design requirements, for applicability to electrical design documents, specifications, material requisitions, and system descriptions related to design tasks.
• Must be a self-starter and capable of independent creative design, with direction, using Bechtel and industry-proven concepts, and procedures.
• Must work well with others, other disciplines, and groups.
• Must have experience with an electronic Cable Management System, such as the SETROUTE program, and be able to input and complete corrections to the database.
• Must be able to effectively communicate and work well with others and within a team. Must be able to work well with other disciplines and functions.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website: www.edgewatertech.net/careers
Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so. We look forward to hearing from you!
Salary is commensurate with education, experience and unique qualifications, and may range between $30 to $70 hourly.
Benefits may be structured to best suit your needs. We offer paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401 (k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning DAY 1.
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Founded in 2003, Edgewater is a professional and technical services firm supporting the U.S. Department of Energy and the U.S., U.K., and Canadian Commercial Nuclear Industry, and private sector businesses involved in high-hazard or complex operations. Edgewater proudly offers expertise in numerous technical disciplines necessary to support operational environments where Integrated Safety Management and formal, disciplined operations are essential to ensure safety, quality, security, and regulatory compliance.
Edgewater is committed to recruiting and maintaining a staff of highly skilled professionals to support our customers. In keeping with this objective, we offer highly competitive salaries and employee benefit packages structured to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401 (k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.
View all Edgewater opportunities at www.edgewatertech.net/careers