[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for Eng II-Mechanical Engineer opportunities for our customer in Richland, WA to support the Waste Treatment Plant at the Hanford Site.
Full Time Office Project – No Telework
Eng II-Mechanical Engineer
Join us as we make history at the Hanford Vit Plant, known as the Waste Treatment and Immobilization Plant. We are designing and building a one-of-a-kind facility that will turn radioactive and chemical waste left over from World War II and Cold War plutonium production into a form safe for disposal. Your efforts will help protect the nearby Columbia River and the communities, salmon, and wildlife along its shorelines throughout the Northwest.
Sitting at the confluence of the Columbia, Snake and Yakima rivers near two mountain ranges, our community provides access to year-round outdoor recreation, 300 days of sun a year, more than 200 wineries within a 50-mile radius, and the amenities of large cities just a three-hour drive (or short flight) to Seattle and Portland.
Upon initial hire and onboarding, the position will require full time presence in the Richland, Washington project office. This position works a 9/80 schedule, offering every other Friday off.
• Designing the fluid and gas systems in the WTP process facilities.
• Preparing technical reports, studies, and design documentation, calculations using engineering software, and specifications for complex mechanical equipment for the waste treatment process and supporting systems.
• Candidates will have solid experience in process system design and will be capable of developing design documents, including piping and instrument diagrams and equipment data sheets, that incorporate the applicable design and nuclear safety requirements.
• Interfacing and coordinating with other engineering disciplines and the client in the development of the design.
• Collect the process, safety, and other requirements for the fluid process or support systems and design the system and specify the equipment to meet applicable requirements.
• Coordinates with the engineering group and other disciplines in developing the detailed system design and specifying equipment in a team environment.
• Prepares reports and studies in resolving open technical issues related to the process systems.
• Develops and revises piping and instrument diagrams, formal calculations, and equipment datasheets and specifications in completing the detailed design for the system, including equipment selection.
• Supports the associated safety analyses and hazards evaluations.
• Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), can be the "face" of Bechtel, promoting our leadership, quality, and safety values, to external partners including vendors, construction companies, and other subcontractors.
BS degree in Mechanical, Nuclear, or Chemical Engineering from an accredited university or college with 3 years related experience.
• Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical (if located at the construction site), and background check which includes verification of employment and education.
• Must be able to obtain a Department of Energy badge for access to the Hanford Site. (Even if teleworking, must still be able to comply with security requirements to obtain a badge)
• Must possess the right to work and remain in the United States without sponsorship.
• Related experience includes, but is not limited to, experience in Piping and Instrument Diagram (P&ID) development fluid system design, hydraulic, heat transfer, and thermodynamic calculations, and equipment specification and design development for waste processing, nuclear, refinery, power, or chemical process facilities.
• Possess excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
• Knowledge of Bechtel corporate, industry and regulatory guides, codes, and standards.
• Engineer-in-Training or PE License in Mechanical, Chemical, or Nuclear Engineering.
• Experience in working with procedures meeting quality assurance programs such as ASME-NQU-1. MIL-Q-9858A or ISO-9000.
• Prior experience working with Government agencies, preferably DOE or DOD.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website: www.edgewatertech.net/careers
Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so. We look forward to hearing from you!
Salary is commensurate with education, experience and unique qualifications, and may range between $25 to $58 hourly.
Benefits may be structured to best suit your needs. We offer paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401 (k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning DAY 1.
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Founded in 2003, Edgewater is a professional and technical services firm supporting the U.S. Department of Energy and the U.S., U.K., and Canadian Commercial Nuclear Industry, and private sector businesses involved in high-hazard or complex operations. Edgewater proudly offers expertise in numerous technical disciplines necessary to support operational environments where Integrated Safety Management and formal, disciplined operations are essential to ensure safety, quality, security, and regulatory compliance.
Edgewater is committed to recruiting and maintaining a staff of highly skilled professionals to support our customers. In keeping with this objective, we offer highly competitive salaries and employee benefit packages structured to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401 (k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.
View all Edgewater opportunities at www.edgewatertech.net/careers