[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for Eng II-Mechanical Handling Engineer opportunities for our customer in Richland, WA to support the Waste Treatment Plant at the Hanford Site.
Full Time Office Project – No Telework
Eng II-Mechanical Handling Engineer
Join us as we make history at the Hanford Vit Plant, known as the Waste Treatment and Immobilization Plant. We are designing and building a one-of-a-kind facility that will turn radioactive and chemical waste left over from World War II and Cold War plutonium production into a form safe for disposal. Your efforts will help protect the nearby Columbia River and the communities, salmon, and wildlife along its shorelines throughout the Northwest.
Sitting at the confluence of the Columbia, Snake and Yakima rivers near two mountain ranges, our community provides access to year-round outdoor recreation, 300 days of sun a year, more than 200 wineries within a 50-mile radius, and the amenities of large cities just a three-hour drive (or short flight) to Seattle and Portland.
• You will be working as part of the Mechanical Handling team designing the areas of material handling equipment, treatment and vitrification systems, and/or supporting utilities.
• You will be preparing technical reports, studies, procurement documentation, and design documentation, performing calculations using engineering software, and supporting systems.
• You will be interfacing and coordinating with other engineering disciplines and the client in the development of the design.
• The ideal candidate will have some experience in mechanical handling or equipment procurement.
• This position works a 9/80 schedule, offering every other Friday off.
• The primary role of the Mechanical Handling Engineer is to conduct and coordinate detailed phases of engineering work for a global business unit usually in one discipline in a project or staff group.
• Perform work that involves conventional engineering practice.
• Perform work using Bechtel Standard Application Programs (BSAPs) and appropriate 2-D and 3-D computer-aided design and computer-aided engineering (CAD and CAE) tools (Solidworks, IGRIP, Microstation).
• Support the procurement of equipment by developing procurement packages, reviewing quotations and evaluating them technically; review of vendor submittals and resolution of technical issues during the procurement of mechanical equipment.
• Review and disposition of field change notices, non-conformance reports, and condition reports.
• Support the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
Level 1 - BS degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or Nuclear Engineering from an accredited university or college (college hire).
Level 2 - BS degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or Nuclear Engineering from an accredited university or college with 1 year of related experience.
• Knowledge of current computer applications for engineering and design including appropriate knowledge of CAD (both 2-D and 3-D).
• Knowledge and ability to utilize Microsoft office suite of products.
• Familiar with regulations and industry codes and standards affecting complex engineering work within discipline.
• Familiar with effort required to prepare standard discipline deliverables and knows how to prepare standard engineering budgets and schedules within discipline.
• Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
• Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical (if located at the construction site), and background check which includes verification of employment and education.
• Must be able to obtain a Department of Energy badge for access to the Hanford Site. (Even if teleworking, must still be able to comply with security requirements to obtain a badge)
• Must possess the right to work and remain in the United States without sponsorship.
• Engineering-in-training (or equivalent) in Mechanical, Chemical, or Nuclear Engineering.
• Experience in equipment design analysis in DOE or commercial nuclear facilities.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website: www.edgewatertech.net/careers
Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so. We look forward to hearing from you!
Salary is commensurate with education, experience and unique qualifications, and may range between $25 to $58 hourly.
Benefits may be structured to best suit your needs. We offer paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401 (k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning DAY 1.
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Founded in 2003, Edgewater is a professional and technical services firm supporting the U.S. Department of Energy and the U.S., U.K., and Canadian Commercial Nuclear Industry, and private sector businesses involved in high-hazard or complex operations. Edgewater proudly offers expertise in numerous technical disciplines necessary to support operational environments where Integrated Safety Management and formal, disciplined operations are essential to ensure safety, quality, security, and regulatory compliance.
Edgewater is committed to recruiting and maintaining a staff of highly skilled professionals to support our customers. In keeping with this objective, we offer highly competitive salaries and employee benefit packages structured to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401 (k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.
View all Edgewater opportunities at www.edgewatertech.net/careers