[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Akima Infrastructure Services, LLC (AIS), is actively seeking Engineering, Professional, Technical, and administrative support personnel as part of our staff augmentation team supporting the Department of Energy at the Y12 National Security Complex located in Oak Ridge, Tennessee and the Pantex Plant located in Amarillo, Texas.
Successful candidates will be employees of AIS, a premier government contractor charged with employing highly motivated and well-qualified personnel who can advance Y-12's core mission to ensure a safe, secure, and reliable U.S. nuclear deterrent, which is essential to national security. Though employed by AIS, the employee will take day-to-day direction and assignments from Y-12 staff employed directly by the security complex. Pay, benefits, Human Resources, and Employment Management functions are provided by AIS.
Qualified applicants must be a US citizen, at least 18 years of age, and able to meet pre-employment requirements including any required physicals, drug screen, and/or background investigation to satisfy clearance requirements from the Department of Energy.
Job Title: Piping Designer Technician
CAD - Piping designer for Y-12 consisting of providing design 2D CAD drawings, 3D modeling, walk-downs and inspections for process piping and utility piping systems in support of nuclear and non-nuclear projects at Y-12 and Pantex.
• Design involves the preparation of conceptual design and title II output documents including P&IDs, piping drawings, construction drawings, utility drawings bills of material for cost estimating and man-hour estimates.
Education & Requirements:
• Requires an associate's degree and 10 or more years of progressive, relevant education and experience in piping design.
• Pre-employment Drug Screen - external applicants selected for this position are required to successfully complete a post-offer, pre-employment drug test.
• Medical Exam(s) - Job related pre-placement medical examinations may be required for this position.
• This position may require the ability to obtain and maintain a clearance from the Department of Energy. If determined as such, this position would be identified as a Workplace Substance Abuse (WSAP) testing designated position. WSAP positions require participation in an ongoing random drug testing program in addition to the pre-employment drug screen.
• Experience with 3D modeling using Bentley software and/or SmartPlant is desirable.
• Active DOE Q clearance preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-353-7053 (information about job applications status is not available at this contract information).