[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
At PIC Group, Inc., our emphasis is on excellence. We recruit the strongest candidates in the power generation industry. As a global service provider, we continually seek talented individuals.
Title: Project Manager-Construction
Position Type: Direct Hire
Location: Louisville, KY
Reports to: Vice President
The Project Manager – Construction will assist in the management of technical and administrative staff for an energy efficiency project at site in Louisville, KY. The Project Manager – Construction will be stationed at the project location in Louisville with travel to the corporate office in Arlington, VA, as needed. Reporting directly to the Vice President, the Project Manager will manage the on-site project team in obtaining, evaluating, and coordinating all information needed to construct the energy efficiency project in accordance with the contract documents and to assure that the work meets all safety standards. This position has upward mobility in career growth with a growing and well-established EPC company. The company offers 20% yearly bonus, competitive salary, and excellent benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervise and provide oversight for Associate Project Managers, Superintendents, and subcontractor personnel.
• Oversee implementation of a comprehensive set of Energy Conservation Measures
• Ensure subcontractor compliance with CEG and site-specific safety standards, codes, regulations, and assist with the implementation of the site safety program.
• Manage client relationships and ensure customer satisfaction.
• Prepare and manage project schedules.
• Manage bid processes and subcontract negotiations.
• Manage project in accordance with the budget.
• Review and approve expenditures and subcontractor draw requests.
• Assist with identifying unknown risks, managing risk impact, and how they will be addressed and mitigated.
• Oversee on-site safety and quality control programs.
• Drive the technical due diligence through the implementation phase by identifying known risks (i.e., technical, construction, price, schedule, environmental, warranties, performance guarantees, etc.) and managing the impact of different risks.
• Implement measurement-based monitoring and verification plans and protocols, commissioning protocols, and associated post-implementation operations & maintenance protocols.
• Proficient in Project Management software (MS Project, Primavera, Procore, etc.)
• Knowledge in the areas of energy efficiency, alternative energy, and sustainability.
• Working knowledge with mechanical equipment, electrical, HVAC, lighting, renewables, and other energy efficiency industrial or government construction projects.
• Ability to use hand tools common to a construction site.
• Demonstrated ability to function in high performing, multi-disciplinary teams that provide reliable customer satisfaction.
• Ability to anticipate challenges and proactively resolve.
• Proven aptitude along with strong writing and speaking skills.
• Self-directed personality with a commitment to excellence.
• Detail oriented and honed observation skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, creative problem-solving, and leadership skills
• Ability to wear PPE while on construction sites.
• Ability to anticipate and solve problems that are not fully defined.
• Ability to work irregular hours during implementation.
• Willingness to travel up to 80% of the time for future projects or to corporate office.
• Strong project management, team leadership, and construction management skills
• Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time and perform repetitive tasks such as computer work daily.
• Ability to walk the job site and ascend / descend both exterior and interior ladders / stairs.
Education / Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred, specifically in engineering or construction management.
• 5+ years of relevant experience in construction project management or project engineering.
• OSHA-30 certification preferred.
PIC Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive wages and benefits. We seek out and employ talented individuals who meet the qualifications for each position. Due to the large number of responses we receive to our postings, only those applicants with the required experience and qualifications will be contacted.