[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Hire Strategies Skilled Laborer
· Understand and communicate project goals and timelines.
· Work to gain proficiency in understanding construction plans and specifications.
· Ensure all team members are prepared for their work shifts (on time, proper attire, etc.).
· Work with and encourage team productivity to meet or exceed scheduling goals.
· Learn and follow company and industry safety rules and regulations to ensure onsite safety.
· Work with Superintendents, Foremen, and co-workers to learn new tasks (e.g., Operating the Hydra platform, Using Hilti Epoxy, etc.).
· Bridge access equipment.
· Bridge utility systems.
· Ensure and inspect the quality of work.
· Perform other duties as required.
· Conduct daily JHA (job hazard analysis) or similar on designated applications (software).
Required Skills & Experience:
High School and/or completion of Vocational School, college degree a plus.
Class A CDL preferred.
Valid and current drivers license is mandatory.
Motor Vehicle Record checked biannually.
Familiar with intermediate-level computer skills using Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word.
Comfortable working from heights and over water.
Ability to remain calm, focused, and effective in pressure situations.
Self-starter with the ability to set goals and tasks with strong leadership skills.
Ability to travel and work at various job sites throughout the United States for various durations approximately 90% of the year.
1+ years related experience or equivalent role (Construction / Piping).
Safety standards knowledge and enforcement.
Compensation/ Hours / Other:
Full-time position with the ability to work overtime.
Ability to travel and be away from home full time (avg. 90%). The position is based in Charlotte, NC.
Daily lifting of items over 50 lbs.
Ability to spend all day outdoors exposed to weather and stand for long periods of time.
Daily basic physical exertion, such as bending and twisting, lifting, climbing, pulling, pushing, or carrying.
Valid United States driver's license required.
Must meet fitness standards for DOT CDL physical/medical card.
Individual Hotel Room