[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Spiral Welder Technician & Fabricator - Food Grade Tank Building
As Spiral Welder Technician & Fabricator with PeopleReady Skilled Trades, you’ll support specialized "FOOD GRADE STAINLESS STEEL TANK BUILDING with FDA & Food Grade Inspections" Welding Projects around the country starting in Lubbock, TX. This position will include the use of a Spiral Welding Machine, Hands-on Welding (TIG, MIG, & Dual Weld Techniques within AS/NZ Standards), Polishing & Detailing of Food-Grade Stainless Steel components and fittings as defined in the Client Plans and specifications.
In this Welder/ Fabricator role, you’ll earn $30-$40 an hour (per Diem where required), enjoy weekly pay, health insurance benefits, and a flexible work schedule. You can also earn up to a $1,500 bonus as part of our Respect the Craft tradesperson recognition program!
Whether you’re new to the trades or a seasoned pro, come take charge of your career with PeopleReady Skilled Trades. Interested? Apply today!
Hours: 50-60 hours each week
Review blueprints & drawings, operating Procedures of equipment, welding machine while in process, and quality production QA/QC monitoring.
Measure, cut, gouge, install, & manipulate stainless steel fabrication & install
Build Tanks to food-grade standards & attach components, Pipes, pumps, or other designed features to the structure
Maintain Equipment, supplies, materials, & deadlines throughout the Project
Perform TIG, MIG, & Dual Welds via Welding machines or various welding positions as required.
Perform Grinding, polishing, & other finishing tasks as designated in the plans.
Follow AS/NZ Standards, OSHA Safety Standards and Procedures, Or other applicable Client site policies & Procedures.
Complete Competency Client Interview, Weld Test as Required by the client
FOOD GRADE STAINLESS STEEL TANK BUILDING with FDA & Food Grade Inspections Experience is most important
Weld Test will be inclusive to Tubing & Fillet weld with X-ray requirement
Length of Assignment
Job Posting Qualifications
• Current/active welding certifications, trade training, or OSHA 10 Construction is a Plus
• Experience with Multiple Welding Types Including TIG, MIG, and others as needed is a plus
• Ability to demonstrate tank building and/or food grade applications is a plus
• Ability to stand, bend, kneel and walk for extended periods throughout the day with or without reasonable accommodation
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
• Prior experience Welding & Fabricating Stainless Steel for more than 2 years is required
• Prior experience using Spiral Welding Machines is Huge Plus
• The position may require a drug screen or background check