[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
At PIC Group, Inc., our emphasis is on excellence. We recruit the strongest candidates in the power generation industry. As a global service provider, we continually seek talented individuals.
Title: Substation Protection & Control Designer
Position Type: Direct Hire
Location: Marietta, GA
Reports to: Substation Design Supervisor
Grow your career and apply today for this leading company in Utility Services sector experiencing extreme growth in the United States in Marietta GA. Working on projects including utility substations, battery energy storage systems, and solar collector substations. Our client is looking to hire a Substation Protection & Control (P&C) Designer in Marietta GA for substation physical design. The employee is expected to design projects and follow project schedules and budgets. Also supporting proposal development and project cost estimating. Local candidates to metro Atlanta are encouraged to apply. Potential for relocation assistance if outside of Atlanta. Good pay and room for advancement into management position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create substation physical design project drawings from existing standards based on client standards and industry best practices for utility stations through 500kV, including substation arrangements, sections, and elevations, foundation and grading plans, lighting plans and details, fence plans and details, grounding plans and details, rigid bus designs, strain bus designs, below grade designs to include duct banks and cable trenches, and bus and equipment support structures
• Create/Improve quality control measures to ensure design and drafting meet standards.
• Experience checking designs for accuracy, appearance, and adherence to customer standards
• Collaborate, communicate, and liaise effectively with other design disciplines, colleagues, construction contractors, consultants, materials suppliers, and clients
• Work independently
• Customer Oriented
• Able to manage multiple tasks and provide leadership to other team members
• Visit sites, advise on physical design issues, and modify design to solve issues during construction
• Advanced understanding of substation design to include equipment arrangements, equipment specifications, and substation construction as it applies to utility substation and transmission line equipment facilities
• Thoroughly understand the installation of high voltage transformers, group operated disconnect switches, breakers, PTs, CCVTs, line turners, surge arresters, and other equipment within the substation and be able to create/draft sections, details, and overviews
• Understand grounding designs
• Manage budgets and project schedules
• Sitting at workstation for extended periods of time viewing monitors
• Working on keyboard and using computer mouse
Education / Experience:
• Engineering degree is a plus
• 4 - 8+ Year(s) experience in CAD Design
• Proven AutoCAD and/or Microstation 2D and 3D skills
• Any certifications with AutoCAD and or Microstation are beneficial
PIC Group, Inc. offers competitive wages and benefits. We seek out and employ talented individuals who meet the qualifications for each position. Due to the large number of responses we receive to our postings, only those applicants with the required experience and qualifications will be contacted. PIC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.