[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
At PIC Group, Inc., our emphasis is on excellence. We recruit the strongest candidates in the power generation industry. As a global service provider, we continually seek talented individuals.
Title: Convertor Station Field Oversight Manager
Position Type: Contract
Location: Delta, UT
Reports to: Site Manager
PIC Group has an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Convertor Station Field Oversight Manager to support the construction of a new state-of-the-art 500kV HVDC Convertor Station project located in Central Utah. The Converter Station Field Oversight Manager reports to the Site Manager and will play a vital role managing a $1.4B EPC Contractor’s field installation of the overall HVDC Convertor Station, which includes the local transmission interconnection work, infrastructure work, building installation, equipment installation, all electrical and mechanical installations and commissioning of the Convertor Station Project. The Convertor Station Field Oversight Manager is responsible for overseeing the EPC contractor’s execution plans for the site-wide construction activities and daily work plans, verifying best work practices are being followed, project procedures are enforced, and safety protocols remain in compliance for all project activities. The Field Oversight Manager will participate in daily/weekly meetings, provide daily reports for work activities completed by the EPC that show safety, quality, schedule progress, and areas of concern to the Project Team through construction completion currently scheduled through Q2 2027.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Monitor and track the EPC work activities against approved baseline schedules and contractual milestones.
• Form strong relationships with the EPC team with intimate knowledge of EPC’s daily work activities.
• Review work schedules, work plans, and EPC resource allocation.
• Identify and communicate with Project Team variances and discrepancies between EPC contractual requirements and actual work being performed.
• Work with the EPC project team to ensure compliance with EPC contractual requirements, safety, quality, and project controls.
• Support witness hold points, including testing through random inspections, and document and report non-conformance as required.
• Attend daily and weekly meetings and provide detailed daily reporting of EPC shift activities to the Project Team.
• Provide regular written and/or oral reports to the Project Team on progress, schedule updates, issues and concerns.
• Assist Project Team in managing change events to maintain schedule and project goals.
• Direct and manage up to 3-discipline support members in the oversight activities of the EPC Contractor.
• Working knowledge in the execution of large power construction projects exceeding $1B in value.
• Prior working experience with installing an HVDC structure, as well as the equipment and ancillary support systems.
• Proficiency in reading and comprehending EPC contract language; working knowledge of typical EPC responsibilities to the Project and Owner.
• Effectively communicate with all levels of personnel and management, both verbally and in writing, to maintain project alignment.
• Demonstrated capability with Job Safety Analysis (JSA), Personal Protection Equipment (PPE), and Safety Incentive initiatives.
• Adept with managing multiple tasks at one time.
• Proficient in forming professional working relationships with all levels of project personnel.
• Skilled in conflict resolution and ability to competently navigate tense workplace situations confidently and quickly.
• Advanced problem solving and critical thinking skills.
• Adept with managing an active construction worksite’s protocol.
• Detail oriented and proven capability in maintaining an organized systematic approach to work responsibilities.
• Knowledgeable in Construction Safety practices, processes, leading and lagging indicators.
• Skilled in computer-based reporting software.
• Prolonged periods of standing, walking, bending, stooping, climbing required.
• Wear required site PPE while on shift.
• Capable of working in climate extremes, indoors and outdoors, and tolerate loud noises.
Education / Experience:
• Two-year degree from Trade School, Technical College, or equivalent work experience.
• BS in Electrical Engineering preferred.
• 20+ years professional experience in electrical construction, maintenance, or operations of power generation facilities.
• Prior construction experience around combined cycle power plants and HVDC system installations as well as balance of plant (BOP) equipment is preferred.
• Previous experience with HVDC projects and electrical system experience will be given advanced consideration.
PIC Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive wages and benefits. We seek out and employ talented individuals who meet the qualifications for each position. Due to the large number of responses we receive to our postings, only those applicants with the required experience and qualifications will be contacted.