[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
At PIC Group, Inc., our emphasis is on excellence. We recruit the strongest candidates in the power generation industry. As a global service provider, we continually seek talented individuals.
Title: Quality Assurance / Quality Control (QA/QC) Manager
Position Type: Contract
Location: Columbus, OH
Reports to: Project Manager
Status: Non Exempt
PIC has an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Quality Assurance / Quality Control (QA/QC) Manager supporting a greenfield data center construction project located in Northeast Ohio. The QA/QC Manager reports directly to the Project Manager, and will be responsible for implementing, administering, and managing the entire quality control plan for the project. The QA/QC Manager will maintain an active quality assurance plan, oversee subcontractors’ quality control plans, as well as all testing logs, project documentation and project reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Controlling the quality specified in the plans and specifications.
• Maintaining an effective quality control system.
• Complete adherence to all QC requirements and activities contained in this QC Plan.
• Overall coordination of personnel QC inspection, sampling, and testing at all Off-Site Production. facilities, QC Laboratories, and On-Site Field operations.
• Submittals that require approval are to be forwarded to the project team for appropriate action.
• Maintain a submittal status log and Testing Plan.
• Ensure all submittals are prepared and approved in a timely manner to avoid project delays.
• Communicate and coordinate with Construction Project Superintendent regarding daily On-Site Field operations as well as non-compliance issues.
• Review and evaluation of all QC documentation for content and completeness
• Coordinate shop drawings approval and material status report with Project Engineer
• Conduct 4-phase process:(Submittal, Pre-installation, Initial Inspection, and Follow-up)
• Coordinate all meetings and planning events with Quality Assurance representative.
• Maintain a Rework List on all nonconforming work and proactively identify deficient workmanship to take corrective measures.
• Ensure that As-Built Drawings and As-Built Record of Materials are kept current and on-site.
• Demonstrated ability to interpret blueprints and as-built drawings.
• Proven experience monitoring/overseeing Electrical installations.
• Demonstrated capability and experience with greenfield construction projects, with an emphasis on electrical installation.
• Prior hands-on working experience with CSA, CX process mapping, load bank equipment, Bus Duct, Cable Bus, MV and LV projects.
• Experience in reviewing all documentation for compliance.
• Skilled in electrical and final system walk-down and testing procedures.
• Knowledge of specifications in API/ASME and ability to verify codes.
• Proficient in monitoring documentation such as weld mapping, bolt-up flange mapping, heat numbers, Mill Test Reports (MTR) and all relevant test reports supporting data center construction.
• Exceptional ability to work efficiently, be adept at multitasking and prioritizing work to meet deadlines and always work proactively.
• Proven excellence in maintaining relationships with customers, coworkers, and administrators.
• Extensive knowledge of safety practices and utilization of these practices to provide a safe work environment for all.
• Skilled with various computer systems and programs including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
• Experienced with third-party inspection, proactively conducting quality assurance audits.
• Duties require walking, standing, and sitting for extended periods of time, climbing vertical and inclined ladders and stairs, and lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Must be able to use protective equipment correctly (i.e., hard hats, safety glasses, ear protection, safety shoes, gloves, vests, etc.).
Education / Experience:
• HS Diploma required.
• 15+ years of QA/QC experience in heavy industrial construction (including power plant).
• Formal QA/QC inspection/certification/license training programs preferred, not required.
• Previous experience in data center construction strongly preferred, but not required.
PIC Group, Inc. offers competitive wages and benefits. We seek out and employ talented individuals who meet the qualifications for each position. Due to the large number of responses we receive to our postings, only those applicants with the required experience and qualifications will be contacted. PIC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.