[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
At PIC Group, Inc., our emphasis is on excellence. We recruit the strongest candidates in the power generation industry. As a global service provider, we continually seek talented individuals.
Title: Solar Site Manager
Position Type: Direct Hire
Location: Wharton, TX
Reports to: Vice President
PIC Group has an excellent opportunity for a Solar Site Manager to support an active construction site in Wharton TX area. The Site Manager will report to the Vice President and play a vital role in supporting construction of 10MW site and operations and maintenance. Must have proven solar energy or renewable energies experience. The Site Manager will work remotely from their home office with intermittent travel to the corporate office in Houston TX. Must be on Wharton site 2-3 days per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review operation and maintenance activities and plans for both preventive maintenance and corrective maintenance.
• Monitor site performance through SCADA platform and on-site verification and notify O&M service provider if there is any issue.
• Purchase spare parts based on the inventory tracker managed by O&M service provider.
• Coordinate with O&M Service Provider and EPC Contractor to proceed warranty claim.
• Promptly notify internal and external stakeholder of events that have significantly impact on plant.
• Coordinate warranty work with Contractor to manage root cause analysis on reoccurring defects.
• Coordinate warranty work with vendors for extended warranty work not covered by the Contractor.
• Check ERCOT – Electrical Reliability Council of Texas / PUCT – Public Utility Commission of Texas latest rules and ensure compliance with requirement including summer and winter weatherization and emergency operation plan.
• Must become familiar with all contracts related to the operation of the plant and ensure compliance.
• Assists the Asset Management team with annual budgets preparation.
• Provide monthly and annual reports to internal and external members.
• Provide briefings and tours for site visitors.
• Coordinate local community efforts with Project Manager and management team.
• Additional duties as required.
• Problem-solving skills and high attention to detail
• Strong communication skills
• Critical thinking skills and ability to identify issues and solve complex problems
• Ability to use discretion in handling confidential information
• Excellent verbal and written communicator to include recording and distribution of meeting minutes
• Self-motivated and independent worker
• Detail oriented to ensure accuracy in all documentation
• Ability to ensure timely collection of documentation and ensure complete for submittal
• Excellent organizational skills required
• Excellent telephone skills required
• Must have a valid state driver’s license and reliable transportation
• Sitting/Standing/Flexibility: Ability to frequently perform physical tasks including standing, sitting, walking, kneeling, bending, twisting, squatting, and reaching approximately 75% of the time while on sites; ability to stand and sit for 8 or more hours when in an office environment
• Walking: Ability to walk .25 to .5 miles per day, including across unpaved and rough surfaces when on the solar power plant site.
• Speech/Reading: Ability to speak, read, and write English proficiently and deliver a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form
• Lifting: Ability to frequently lift items weighing up to 60 pounds
• Vision/Hearing: Ability to interpret and follow a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form
• Tolerance to Extreme Weather Conditions: Ability to work in outdoor and adverse weather conditions while on sites
• Safety: Ability to understand and communicate safety precautions when necessary
Education / Experience:
• 5+ years of operations and maintenance or construction experience for up to or more than 10MW solar project
• 3+ years solar energy or renewable energies experience required
• Electrical engineering degree is a plus
• Computer literate with strong Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, outlook) skill set
PIC Group, Inc. offers competitive wages and benefits. We seek out and employ talented individuals who meet the qualifications for each position. Due to the large number of responses we receive to our postings, only those applicants with the required experience and qualifications will be contacted. PIC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.