[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
At PIC Group, Inc., our emphasis is on excellence. We recruit the strongest candidates in the power generation industry. As a global service provider, we continually seek talented individuals.
PIC Group has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Construction Superintendent to support a construction company. The Site Superintendent reports to the Project Director and will be responsible for project scheduling, coordinating and supervising craft employee activities in one or more trade groups such as electricians, boilermakers, and carpenters, as well as disciplines such as civil, structural, mechanical, and electrical. The Site Superintendent should have extensive experience in industrial construction, from pre-commissioning to commissioning, and pre-construction through construction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plan and supervise Assistant Superintendent on larger projects and/or craft activities that includes determining method of construction, manpower levels, material quantities, equipment, temporary power sources, work schedule and documenting actual hours worked.
• Coordinate assigned work with work of different crafts, company departments, or other contractors.
• Maintain liaison with engineering, estimating, and planning to ensure work complies with drawings, specifications, and schedule.
• Assist in resolving construction problems to include lack of productivity and ineffective working relationships, as required.
• Assist Labor Relations Department in maintaining communications with unions, resolving jurisdictional disputes, requisitioning required manpower, as necessary and applicable to the labor approach for the projects assigned.
• Monitor craft compliance with project safety program requirements; document and ensure corrective measures are implemented.
• Maintain liaison with other departments such as Material Control, Purchasing, Quality Control, and Engineering to ensure all required materials, equipment, inspections to support craft activities and project schedules in support of the Structural Superintendent, Mechanical Superintendent, Electrical Superintendent.
• May be responsible for managing all field aspects of a small project, with corporate office support.
• Advanced understanding of construction scheduling and cost control.
• Previous hands-on working experience in ground up facility construction.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and manage large groups of personnel.
• Effective communicator in writing and in conversation.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
• Must be able to read and understand blueprints, P&ID, system prints and LOTO.
• Demonstrated experience with Commercial and/or Industrial project scopes of $15M+.
• Must be able to travel long term for projects as required.
• Extended periods of Standing, Walking, Stooping, Bending and Kneeling.
• Capable of climbing ladders when necessary.
• Talk and hear, both in person and by telephone; use wrists, hands and/or fingers in a repetitive motion, and reach with hands and arms extensively.
• Occasionally lift objects of up to 75 pounds in weight
• Use computers with exposure to video display terminals; some repetitive motion associated with data entry, the use of a computer mouse, and while using other office equipment.
• Vision requirements for this position include close vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Education / Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• 10+ years supervisory experience in similar facility construction, methods, equipment, tools, and work procedures required.
• Preference in data center construction strongly preferred; advance consideration will be given to those applicants with data center construction.
• Emphasis on prior work experience with steel or rigging equipment is preferred.
Our client offers competitive wages and benefits. We seek out and employ talented individuals who meet the qualifications for each position. Due to the large number of responses we receive to our postings, only those applicants with the required experience and qualifications will be contacted. PIC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.