|Home >> Alternative Energy (Wind, Wave, Solar, Hydro, Tidal, Geothermal, Biomass, and Biofuels) >> Job Board >> Post|
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Temp to Direct
The Solar Electrical Construction Manager works with the team in overseeing multiple utility scale solar project across the US.
1. Support Site Supervisors in overseeing the electrical scope of multiple small to medium size solar farms ranging from 1-20MWs including DC and AC underground, trenching and equipment pad work, series connections, inverter installation, LV AC terminations, tracker power, MV AC scope and interconnection with local utility, etc...
Assist with training and management of field staff including a local labor force
Communicate daily with site supervisors and management on project performance and schedule
2. Support in the management of material procurement, equipment, labor, and job costing.
Develop project specific JHAs and installation procedures
Ensure field staff is conforming to company policy and project specific procedures and closely monitor training of workers
Follow Project Management procedures to ensure equipment and labor are used safely, while maximizing quality and efficiency
3. Assist Site Supervisor with Project Reporting and ensure accurate documentation is submitted to the Project Manager
Ensure proper field reports are submitted timely including: Dailies, Timecards, Equipment Schedules, Delivery Logs, QA/QC Forms, etc.
4. Assist in the mobilization and job set-up efforts
Coordinate the necessary resources to each project during the mobilization efforts
o Supervision, Vehicles, Lodging, Equipment, Tools, etc.
Procure quotes from local vendors and subcontractors as they relate to project specific scope
5. Develop and maintain project specific functions and procedures
Based on client, contract requirements, and design documents develop a site protocol with daily, weekly, and monthly tasks for the site supervision team
Identify site specific guidelines and rules
6. Interface with clients on outstanding issues such as RFIs, Change Orders, and Submittals
Follow-up with management on outstanding issues
Work with Site Supervisors to identify Changes
Work with Project Manager on contract specific requirements regarding Changes to Scope and other Risk Management issues
Ensure proper timing and protocol is followed per executed Contract
7. Work with other management to ensure a high level or productivity is maintained at all times and safe and efficient work practices are followed
8. Oversee logistics of project supervisors and equipment from start to finish of multiple projects
9. Oversee/maintain labor, equipment, and general conditions budget
10. Oversight assistance of technical quality, accuracy, and standards adherence of engineering and design drafting for the project to meet contract requirements.
Monitor and inspect installation process throughout the build
Implementation of project specific QA/QC program and procedures
Oversight of individual project QA/QC manager and assist in training of QA/QC crews
Responsible for project close-out and sign-off
11. Maintain strict compliance to the company safety policy
Assist Supervisor with site safety inspections & paperwork in adherence to Safety Policy
Develop and maintain site specific safety plan, rules and procedure based on Safety Policy, contract requirements, and client expectations
1. Flexibility to travel from project to project
2. Minimum 2 years of post-High School education
3. Minimum 4 years of solar construction experience
4. Maintain a high level of leadership and respect with field employees
5. Continued education on Construction Management and Solar technical knowledge
6. Ability to read detailed civil, structural, and electrical drawings and perform product take-off and calculations.
7. Ability to hold licenses in multiple states
8. Possess necessary communication skills to professionally interface with subcontractors and clients
9. Maintain a professional appearance at all times
62 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.