|Home >> Alternative Energy (Wind, Wave, Solar, Hydro, Tidal, Geothermal, Biomass, and Biofuels) >> Job Board >> Post|
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Juno Beach
Country: United States
Locals Only-No per diem or Expenses offered
Early-Stage Civil Engineer Project Description:
• Provide early-stage civil / structural / photovoltaic engineering support for photovoltaic distributed generation projects.
• Successful applicants will have the ability to work with a sales team, screen potential sites for project risks and fatal flaws, and develop high-level plans and solar designs.
• Responsible for engineering assignments of limited scope and complexity using a variety of standard engineering methods and techniques in solving problems.
• Works under the supervision of a senior level engineer with specific work objectives.
• Work may be reviewed for technical accuracy.
• Requires 3+ years of experience and a B.S. in Engineering.
Position Overview: Responsibilities / Deliverables that the resource will be responsible for:
• Desktop Screening of ground-mount, rooftop, and carport solar sites.
• Duties include but not limited to
• Research soil profile, wetland, habitat, and FEMA databases (Federal and State)
• Coordinate with internal cultural and archeological subject matter experts
• Research Planning/Land Use requirements, permitting
• Research Interconnection availability
• Review existing studies
• Review ALTA and topographical information
• Review title information, online database research • Site Inspections of proposed solar installations (ground and roof)
• Review solar acquisition data if needed
• Coordinate closely with Solar Engineers on layouts or create simple layouts
• Review project specific requirements for rooftop solar installations (structural and roof) Skills Overview:
• Knowledge of geotechnical soil studies and their applications
• Knowledge of environmental wetland and flood implications on development
• Knowledge of Planning / Zoning processes that may apply
• Knowledge of ALTA and topographic surveys. Their scope and interpretation
• Knowledge of cultural and archeological discoveries and their implication on development
• Basic understanding of electrical design (solar preferred, but not required)
• Basic understanding of building structural engineering and roofing systems
• Experience in Planning / Land use Processes (not state specific)
• Experience in site development (commercial, industrial, or solar)
• Experience in working with building department for permitting requirements.
• Some AutoCADD experience (2D or 3D)
• Experience in the design of grading, earthwork, underground utilities, and soil engineering using computer models
• Google Earth and creation of .kmz files • Helioscope / PVsyst is a plus
• Ability to travel
• Excellent communication skills and team skills
• Comfort working closely with sales team and attending customer meetings
• Ability to balance multiple projects
• Skill working with jurisdictional agencies Please provide relatable industries that would produce fitting candidates:
• The design of grading, earthwork, underground utilities, in commercial and industrial development.
• The permitting of commercial and industrial through planning and land use jurisdictions.
Technical Procedure Writer Certification - PPA Certification, please consider the following:
Procedure Solutions Management, LLC a woman-owned business offers 5-day Human Factored Technical Procedure Writing Courses. The registration fee for the course is $975 per attendee. Interest free financing is available upon request and all major credit cards accepted. The course is recognized by the Procedure Professionals Association (PPA) (www.ppaweb.org ) and is specifically designed to help people interested in careers writing procedures focused on the elimination of human error.
Please visit our web site at www.proceduresolutionsmgmt.com for detailed information and registration forms.
94 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.