|Home >> Alternative Energy (Wind, Wave, Solar, Hydro, Tidal, Geothermal, Biomass, and Biofuels) >> Job Board >> Post|
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Creve Coeur
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 63141
Currently looking for a GIS (Remote Sensing) Analyst to join the St. Louis, MO team. Analyst will support the validation of data quality and perform processing and analysis of aerial imagery of crop fields acquired by Manned and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. This role will support the development and scale-out of enterprise level automated aerial imagery processing pipeline.
* Execute field data ingest pipeline to load field data into internal database systems
* Process imagery and meta data to produce geo-referenced and calibrated layers
* Validate data quality of image stitching, radiometric calibration and statistical models application
* Resolve data quality issues in collaboration with stakeholders; track quality metrics
* Perform analysis of aerial imagery (UAV & MAV) using statistical analysis software, image analysis software, or Geographic Information Systems (GIS) applications.
* Collaborate with other team members on automated image processing and writing code
* Support researchers with accessing the data for research projects
* B.S. in a quantitative discipline such as Computer Science, Remote Sensing, Statistics, Environmental Science, EE, Physics, or a closely related field.
* 1+ years of relevant work experience
* Experience in the following fields:
Modern computer programming language (Python, Java, C++)
Cloud computing environments such as AWS, S3, EC2
Using APIs to access cloud based services
Excitement to learn new topics, develop new skills and use new tools.
* Determination to identify and implement opportunities to establish and improve standard workflows
* Familiarity with UAV imaging workflows and data processing
GIS software and libraries such as ENVI, QGIS, ArcGIS, GeoServer, and GDAL.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
37 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.