Wind Farm Technician (321406)
Posted by: BHI Energy <email@example.com> on November 08, 2018 at 09:17:01. Click here to reply to this post via Email.
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Rio Grande City
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 78582
BHI Energy is currently looking for entry level Wind Turbine Technicians. NO wind experience required. Position will NOT require travel. Local candidates to the Starr County, TX area are preferred since this position will NOT pay per diem.
Wind Farm Technicians perform scheduled maintenance of wind turbines and components, working alongside Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) counterparts typically in the field. They follow established procedures troubleshooting and repairing wind turbine components. Workers will use appropriate personal protective equipment, which may include fall protection, safety glasses, hard hat, etc., as conditions warrant. Workers are required to use/wear the appropriate safety equipment for each applicable task. Work locations may include being in the presence of "rotating equipment" and energized equipment.
Primary Job Duties
- Perform diagnosis and repair on Wind Turbine components to include gear boxes.
- Assist with maintenance of Wind Turbines as needed.
- Assure procedures are followed during regular scheduled maintenance or during troubleshooting and repairs.
- Monitor progress of all assigned work; identify and solve minor issues; and report major issues to Supervision for resolution.
- Model expected personnel behaviors and technical skills; set the expectation and standards for assigned personnel to meet established expectations and standards.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable BHI Energy and client technical specifications, procedures, safety standards and expectations.
- Appropriately document work as required.
- Interact closely with client to provide guidance when applicable.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED required.
- Successful COMPLETION of climb test and tower rescue training provided by client and BHI Energy.
Experience / Job Requirements
- Be able to climb a 300 foot wind tower, walk across hub and in the event of an emergency repel off. The ladders which you will be using are safety tested to a maximum limit of 300 pounds which includes tools/backpack weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Must be comfortable working at heights of up to 300+ feet.
- Must be comfortable working in confined space(s).
- Must be able to see and move throughout site in order to resolve work problems and facilitate processes; repetitive motion activities are involved.
- Must be able to work outside in extreme temperatures and weather conditions.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen, have a good driving record, and demonstrate dependable attendance.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
In summary, the essential functions of this position consist of spending long periods of time in the physical activities of standing, walking, climbing, lifting, carrying, twisting, kneeling, stooping, bending and crouching as required. This position also involves handling equipment ranging in weight from 1 to 50 lbs. Work may also be performed in adverse environmental conditions such as confined spaces, high temperature areas, and elevated heights. The prevailing physical demands this position is medium to heavy. Candidates must be able to climb up several towers in the course of a day in various weather conditions while wearing personal protective equipment, i.e. steel toed shoes, long pants, short sleeve shirt, hard hat, and safety glasses.
EOE - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities - BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans.
59 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.