[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Alternative Energy Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 530337
Posted By: BHI Energy
Posted On: 2019-08-15 09:17:01
Email Address: email@example.com
Link: Click here to apply for: Plant Engineer
Subject: Plant Engineer (324117)
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 80201
• Ensures the reliability and operability of all equipment, processes, utilities, controls and safety/security
• Maintains Distributed Control System (DCS) and Programable Logic Controllers (PLC) at the Feedstock Processing Facility and Biorefinery. Must be fluent in Modicon, Allen Bradley, Siemens SIMATIC, and Omron PLC Languages and be skilled at troubleshooting and modifying logic and graphics as needed for plant improvements.
• Gathers and examines plant downtime data and analyzes the data using well-defined engineering techniques, principles and procedures to prioritize improvement opportunities.
• Utilizes and champions the Management of Change process by updating the plant equipment files and drawings including P&IDs, PFD's, electrical one-lines, equipment data sheets, PSV/PRD, basic engineering data document (BEDD), relief system and Fulcrum engineering standards.
• Works closely with the Operations and Plant Services teams to design, develop, monitor and improve the asset-based maintenance program through the development of value-added preventive maintenance tasks, the effective use of predictive and other non-destructive testing and methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems.
• Initiates root cause failure analysis (RCFA) for equipment and process failures and presents findings and recommendations to management.
• Designs, leads and coordinates the implementation of solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect operations. Problems include capacity, efficiency, quality, cost and/or regulatory compliance issues.
• 5+ years operations or maintenance/reliability engineering experience in the refining or chemical processing industry.
• Experience in process/project engineering work.
• B.S. Degree in a technical discipline, preferably Engineering or related field.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
• Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as a professional and courteous attitude. Ability to prepare accurate and reliable reports using both technical and non-technical language. Ability to maintain detailed, complete and accurate records.
• Ability to lead Root Cause Failure Analysis investigations
• Strong knowledge of preventive maintenance programs and the tools associated with failure detection (i.e. vibration analysis, oil monitoring, thermography) as well as the software associated with them.
• Ability to effectively operate a computer using program applications appropriate to assigned duties and responsibilities.
• Ability to organize projects, accomplish tasks and meet deadlines.
• Must possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
101 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.