Solar Startup Engineer-2 Openings
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Alternative Energy Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Per Diem is $131/day..w/$500 mobilization
Responsible for the checkout and testing of a 75 MW solar facility per the customer startup and commissioning procedures. Will also be responsible for managing the customer Lock Out Tag Out program on site. Will assist in turnover packages and other activities as assigned by the commissioning manager.
Preferred Skills: Strong industry knowledge, contract documents, and startup guidelines. Leadership skills: . Problem solving, decision making . advanced project management. interpersonal communication, verbal and written.
5+ years startup experience, with solar experience. Electrical commissioning background required. OSHA 10 Hour Training
***Please provide an OSHA 10 certificate with resume***
• Prioritizes activities of startup staff on project . Monitors and reviews all sectors startup and commissioning programs and makes necessary revisions to program as required.
• Develops and maintains a detailed startup schedule and detailed set of startup packages to track startup completion and progress Maintains open communications and relationship with the client and the construction team
• Ability to be a key resource in continuing construction and commissioning schedule integration and planning.
• Manages and directs Commissioning Technicians and 3rd party commissioning contractors
• Adheres to safety and quality standards as applicable for duties and accountabilities.
• Identifies and assesses improvement opportunities and champions continuous improvement efforts
• Activities include but are not limited to: . Verifying systems are installed per design . Confirming design operational feasibility. Recording as built engineering changes on drawings. Ensuring proper setup and testing of equipment as per supplier requirements
• Manages Lock Out Tag Out & Permit to Work Program on site.
• Assesses and supports the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
• Proactively supports, encourages and facilitates staff to engage in continuous improvement activities.