[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Alternative Energy Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Education Requirements: Mechanic knowledge usually obtained through a 2 year post-secondary degree.
Position Summary: Troubleshoots and repairs all types of heavy equipment, operates equipment to diagnose problems, and inspects equipment for defects.
Essential Job Functions
1. Performs repairs on all types of heavy equipment.
2. Operates equipment to diagnose problems, and inspects equipment for defects.
3. Assists supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates with a variety of mechanic and related tasks as necessary.
4. Becomes aware of safety precautions and understands safety and occupational hazards of work.
5. Reads and follows a service manual.
6. Orders parts and properly completes part requisition forms.
7. Writes thorough repair summaries.
8. Trains other personnel as needed.
9. Performs other duties per supervisor’s discretion.
10. Work with oiler to ensure Preventative Maintenance is completed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• A working knowledge of construction equipment maintenance including electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, emissions, diesel, gasoline, and record keeping systems.
• Possess a CDL and ability to obtain Hazmat endorsement.
• Must have own assortment of tools.