[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Alternative Energy Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Procedure Solutions Management is looking for Technical Writers to work on a project for a power generation company in Auburn, CA. This project will be done remotely.
- Translates complex power generation technical information into user-friendly guidance documents such as policies, standards, procedures, bulletins, tailboards, user manuals, and job aids.
- Independently reviews information available and gathers additional input from internal and external stakeholders to develop guidance documents that meets Company standards and writing style and are easy to understand and use.
- Actions and recommendations impact achievement of department goals.
- Applies advanced technical writing skills to multiple, complex projects as a power generation subject matter expert and project leader across departments.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge and technical competence in writing styles and complicated macro-enabled document templates.
- Use independent judgement and time management skills to handle high volume workload.
- May act as a team lead and/or coach to developing employees.
- Bachelorís Degree in English or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Job-related experience, 4 years
- PPA/Relevant Writing Certification
- 10+ years of experience in technical writing
- Proven experience in continuous process improvement
- Highly advanced project management capabilities
- Experience in enterprise content management
- Possess extensive knowledge of the generation industry, including understanding of design, construction, and/or operation of rotating machines, and experience interpreting applicable codes, standards, regulations, and practices.
- Develop complex technical documentation with minimal guidance
- Identifies gaps between current business practices, stated objectives and facilitates gap closures
- Assists the Project Manager and Leadership with data analysis and status reporting
- Advanced skills and working knowledge of documentation technologies and tools including, but not limited to, EDRS, Documentum, TRACCESS, ECTS, MetricStream etc.)
- 10+ years, near expert-level proficiency in the use of MS Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat