[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Alternative Energy Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Rapidly growing DG and solar utility EPC/O&M is actively recruiting 1 contract OR contract to hire Commissioning Engineers to join the team! This team is backed by two major, well-funded manufacturers of solar equipment to grow a solar EPC team with specialized battery technology that provides them a unique advantage from other solar utility EPCs. They work closely with their customers by providing advisory services, financing, and project lifecycle services, and they have built a 2-year portfolio for future projects of DG (2MW-5MW projects primarily in the northeast of the US) and utility scale solar projects (100 MW and 300 MW located in Northern and Southern CA).
The immediate opening will be located in MA and NY doing the commissioning work on 1-5MW sites.
Scope of Responsibilities:
The Commissioning Engineer will drive energy storage project commissioning by working onsite of project being built and to support project delivery. The Energy Storage Commissioning Engineer will:
• Commission projects working in cooperation with multiple project stakeholders including construction managers, contractors, suppliers, automation teams, control systems teams, etc.
• Develop and execute commissioning plans including resourcing and scheduling.
• Lead commissioning effort to achieve commercial operations, and handover from delivery/construction team to the O&M team for each project.
• Define, develop and execute testing protocols based on market rules, local utility requirements, off-taker and third-party supply contracts.
• Oversee complete commissioning and acceptance testing of the following systems: 1) project networks, communications, and control systems; 2) balance of plant relay protection, metering, HVAC, fire suppression, and electrical systems; 3) battery subsystem; 4) inverter subsystem.
• Perform electricity market and/or off-taker qualification testing as required for the project to commence commercial operations.
• BS Degree in Engineering highly preferred
• 2-10+ years of Commissioning engineering experience
• Openness to working onsite with flights home every 4 weeks
• Demonstrated ability and interest in engineering design with the ability to write specifications and work plans for others to implement.
• Proven capability in managing contractors and working in a matrix organization on fast moving projects.
• Solid skills on MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Available to start end of July or August
• Renewable or power generation industry experience
• Open to a contract to hire opportunity (not required)
• Experience managing teams of engineers or technicians in the electric power industry, or similar field.
• Knowledge and experience with SCADA protocols such as: IEC60870-5-101/103/104, IEC 61850 MMS, DNP3 & Modbus.
• Working knowledge on PLC (Siemens S7 & Allen Bradley ControlLogix PLC), soft logic IEC 61131, SEL Relays & Meters, Siemens Relays & Meters & SCADA Gateways & Data Concentrators.
• Experience with Managed Ethernet Switches, Media Converters (Fiber & Serial).
• Training or certification in business improvement processes (such as Six Sigma or Lean) or root cause analysis.
Compensation: Hourly Rate + Per Diem – Accommodations can be made for individuals who prefer working in the Northeast or CA