[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Alternative Energy Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Set up and operate manual and CNC machining equipment in machine shop department in order to drill, face, saw, turn, mill, grind, thread, and bore various parts, material, and assemblies to precision tolerances and specified finishes.
WORKING PROCEDURES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES ASSIGNED:
1. Sets up and machine a variety of parts, materials, and assemblies by following written procedures, documents, and established practices using manual and CNC machining equipment
2. Perform milling operations such as drilling, tapping, boring, broaching, conventional milling, and lathe work using various engine lathes including but not limited to: horizontal mills, vertical mills, and horizontal boring mills.
3. Selects and grinds tools in accordance with hardness, machine capability, and properties of material to be machined
4. Designs, fabricates, and utilizes fixtures as necessary to machine the desired work piece
5. Utilizes precision measuring equipment as required
6. Operates small cranes and fork-lifts to move equipment, parts, and material
7. Record required data
8. Maintains a clean and orderly work area
9. Performs work following all applicable safety procedures and policies
10. Perform other department related tasks as directed by machine shop supervisor or lead person
11. Understanding of basic shop math
12. Ability to understand blueprints
13. Ability to use precision measuring instruments
14. Knowledge of power generation equipment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). At least 7 years of experience as a shop/field machinist. Knowledge in programming languages including but not limited to: G&M, Fanuc, Mazatrol, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS:
Strong mechanical aptitude. Work in a team environment. Follow all directions and work instructions. Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Write routine reports, basic correspondence and record data on work orders. Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure. Use whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.