[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Alternative Energy Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Technical Training Manager
NovaSource Power Services is the service partner for renewables asset owners ready to fuel smart growth. As an O&M-focused company with 20 years of operating experience, NovaSource has the global reach and strategic capabilities to achieve our client's renewables goals around the world.
Our turn-key services optimize each step of our client's project lifecycles — from commissioning to decommissioning and everything in between. Our approach delivers creative success for our clients, stability for our teams, and enables us to build a world-class culture of excellence. And that's how we empower a renewable world.
Summary of Role
The Technical Training Manager is responsible for developing and implementing a best-in-class training and qualification program that is focused on meeting the needs of our growing business. This position will need to demonstrate high level initiative and organization in overseeing the management and delivery of a comprehensive education program designed to provide our diverse technical team with the skills and knowledge necessary to perform their work safely and efficiently at solar PV projects across the globe. The position will work collaboratively and coordinate with internal cross-functional teams as well as external resources to ensure successful deployment of the training program as well as developing meaningful KPI's for assessing the effectiveness of the content being delivered. For a successful education program, this position will need to employ varying approaches to education, including but not limited to training delivered via live/virtual classroom, video, online instruction, virtual reality, and on-the-job field-based methods.
• Develop comprehensive formal qualification program demonstrating job progression requirements for career growth.
• Develop customized training solutions for technical field team to support qualification program requirements
• Assess and identify current and future technical training needs of the business.
• Defines and drives key learning and adoption metrics using business intelligence tools.
• Architects the learning strategy and the detailed plans to help colleagues in all areas adopt and embrace the program.
• Leads in the creation of course outlines, job aids, user guides, video tutorials, and other learning assets.
• Leverages a mixture of live/virtual classroom, video, online instruction, virtual reality, and on-the-job field-based methods in delivery of training content across various time zones, offices and departments.
• Lead internal and customer facing meetings related to training and qualification program
• Develop meaningful KPIs to continually evaluate and make improvements to the training program
• Spanish or Italian fluency (oral & written) is desired
• Excellent personal organizational skills, team collaboration, and project management skills
• Strong experience in training, training programs, and personal qualification programs
• Strong computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office suite and other software systems to develop training content
• Strong oral and written communication skills with the instinctive ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment
• Ability to effectively produce results while working with internal personnel and external resources
• Demonstrated experience initiating and developing a technical program from the ground up
• Able to function efficiently and effectively in a fast-moving and demanding environment
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, lengths, and electrical values.
• Willingness to travel 25%+
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• Seven (7) or more years of experience working in the training industry or equivalent experience in successfully implementing systems in organizations, with an expertise in high impact training and performance improvement
• Five (5) or more years of strong experience and expertise in successfully researching, designing, developing, implementing meaningful training programs Ability to translate technical information into training content to be understood and retained by team members of diverse backgrounds, education levels, and language differences
• Preference given to past experience in electrical maintenance of power generation or solar industry
Fit for Duty
• Ability to sit/stand for long periods working on a computer in an office and/or office environment
• Ability to travel as needed and work in an outdoor environment in conjunction with solar PV project field visits in the development and delivery of training content
• Ability to inspect and observe work maintenance activities in outdoor construction type areas without handicap access.
• Ability to walk, kneel, crawl, climb ladders and stairs
Much of the work will be performed in an office environment; however, the environment for field inspections exposes the employee to the risk of electric shock, heights, moving mechanical parts, fumes, and airborne particles. Additionally, while working outdoors, the employee is exposed to heat, cold, inclement weather, and ultraviolet radiation from the sun. The noise levels may require hearing protection.
US: Diversity Statement – Equal Employment Opportunity
It is NovaSource's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. NovaSource disapproves of, and will not tolerate, unlawful discrimination against any applicant or employee because of race, color, national origin or ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, age, religion, disability, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal laws.