[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Alternative Energy Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Job Title: Federal Electrical Power Systems Engineer
Location: Arlington, VA
Duration: 6 months
Our client has a need for an Electrical Power Systems Engineer. This is a contract position; however it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with our client companies. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with a leading company, we want to talk with you!
• Create concept and detailed power systems designs for complex projects or programs; produces design drawings, specifications and design analysis documents
• Coordinate with a BIM team for drawing production; redline documents within Bluebeam, direct 3D model fly-throughs
• Carry out assigned budgets, schedules and quality requirements. Fulfill work plan for projects.
• Collaborate with other engineering disciplines for design inputs, and coordinate design reviews.
• Pursue additional experience and expertise in technical areas or leadership to be promoted to a higher level engineer through training and mentorship opportunities
• Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 5 years related work experience
• Technical expertise to also include planning, design and construction production/oversight in several of the following specialties:
• Mission critical power and controls
• Low and medium voltage distribution
• Microgrids, including primary/backup diesel generators and UPS systems, PV, BESS, etc.
• Grounding and lightning protection
• Electrical studies
• Electronic security and telecommunications
• Multi-facility power systems including process facilities, SCIF spaces, office buildings, warehouses, airfields, bed-down facilities, etc.
• Design-bid-build and Design-Build contract types
• Specialized in power systems engineering for a minimum of four years
• Experience working for an entity of the Federal government; familiarity with the applicable unified facilities guide specifications and criteria, ability to use SpecsIntact or Dr. Checks
• Professional engineering license
• Masters degree in electrical engineering with a power emphasis
• Active US security clearance, or ability to obtain one
As an employee with ASAP, you will be working through an established and well respected organization that goes above and beyond for our Clients and Talent. We are dedicated to providing our Associates with professional and responsive attention and we are here to assist with any questions or concerns you may have. Your diligence and professional commitment will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits.
Available benefits for this position may include (but are not limited to):
• Excellent medical, dental, and vision
• Short Term Disability/LTD
Who We Are:
ASAP is the expert solution for companies seeking a skilled contract/contingent workforce. Our expertise, market knowledge and recruitment proficiency make us the source for providing companies seeking highly skilled Financial, IT, Engineers and Technicians to fill contract, temp-to-perm, and direct hire opportunities.