[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Alternative Energy Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Job Title: Project Controls Specialist
Location: Charlotte NC
Seeking experienced and qualified Senior Project Controls Professionals to provide contract support services for our customer based operating or under construction nuclear power plant sites or enterprise support services (i.e. IT and other Non-Nuclear). Such support may cover the areas of:
• Project execution cost schedule monitoring throughout the project lifecycle
• Development of project funding requests for approval and budget forecast status and needs to support project execution
• Support development of Project Change Orders, as necessary, throughout the project lifecycle
• Development of an effective resource loaded schedule to track progress throughout the project lifecycle
• Work alongside the project management staff to assure alignment of project status, need for barrier removal and funding/budget availability to proceed throughout the project lifecycle.
• Develop and maintain Primavera-6 (or newer version) based project schedules.
• Develop project Cost Estimates to allow of funding and annual budget authorizations
• Develop and maintain approved project Funding Request forms
• Develop and maintain actual and forecasted budgets on a frequent and periodic basis to update the PowerPlant and other related databases.
• Process budget requests for project support needs ahead of the need occurring
• Support development of any necessary Business Case(s) by providing needed financial analysis data
• Develop and share with the project team and management CPI (Cost Performance Index) and SPI (Schedule Performance Index) as well as available Earned Value data
• Develop project closeout report with lessons learned and final costs.
• BA in Business or Finance or Accounting or Project Management or related field.
• Over 5 years of project management or controls experience
• Over 10 years of overall power plant construction or project experience
• PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is strongly desired
• Ability to obtain unescorted nuclear plant access
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate across disciplines and line management levels
As an employee with ASAP, you will be working through an established and well respected organization that goes above and beyond for our Clients and Talent. We are dedicated to providing our Associates with professional and responsive attention and we are here to assist with any questions or concerns you may have. Your diligence and professional commitment will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits.
Available benefits for this position may include (but are not limited to):
• Excellent medical, dental, and vision
• Short Term Disability/LTD
Who We Are:
ASAP is the expert solution for companies seeking a skilled contract/contingent workforce. Our expertise, market knowledge and recruitment proficiency make us the source for providing companies seeking highly skilled Financial, IT, Engineers and Technicians to fill contract, temp-to-perm, and direct hire opportunities.