[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Alternative Energy Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Top Required Skills
1) Engineering degree; Electrical preferred or civil/mechanical.
2) Knowledge of utility scale solar
3) Ability to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously
4) Demonstrated experience with reading and writing technical/construction specifications
The client is increasing its annual installed solar generating capacity from about 300MWac to 1,000MWac per year. The Project Construction organization includes creating new natural & renewable gas and electric generating assets including nuclear, wind, solar, and gas turbine. The solar group is organized into several sequential teams; Development, Diligence, Pre-Construction, Execution, and Close-Out.
The Development Team oversees greenfield solar projects being developed by our client sufficiently for the project to be ready for competitive EPC Bidding. The Diligence Team oversees the EPC bidding process, capital budgeting, corporate governance, and EPC contract negotiation through execution. The Pre-Construction Team oversees the engineering and permitting phase including equipment selection. The Execution Team oversees construction of the facility and the Close-Out Team oversees completion of punch-list work once the facility is turned over to Operations.
The Project Engineer is a technical coordinator of engineering tasks.
• Geotechnical Investigation by Dev Owners Engineer (OE)
• Real Estate Survey: Boundary & Topo by Dev OE
• Solar Site Design by Dev OE
• Land Utilization by Dev OE
• Review all Development Information submitted by Dev OE or acquired by external Developer
• Review/Revise EPC Specifications
• Energy Performance by OE
• Coordinate Review of EPC Submittals by OE
• Manage the Request for Information (RFI) process
• Develop Project-Specific EPC Exhibits
• Confirm project AC capacity and design for Interconnection
• Review EPC proposals and identify spec deviations and exclusions from EPC bid required standards
• Review EPC proposal site plans and technical data
• Review EPC proposed spec changes with internal stakeholders (OPS, Environmental, Safety, Security etc.}
• Review Zoning/Land Use Permit requirements
• Provide and coordinate project information for EPC RFP process
Working Conditions: 10% Travel – 90% Office, Project locations mostly in Virginia with occasional projects throughout the mid-Atlantic region and a few projects through the US.
Basic Qualifications: Minimum 5 years as project engineer or assisting a project manager in multi-functional teams in a matrix environment.
Education Required: Electrical, Civil, or Mechanical engineering degree.