[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Alternative Energy Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Construction Manager Opening – Solar Utility Owner Operator
Charles City, VA
Compensation: $55/hr-$60/hr+ and $150/day per diem
Solar Utility IPP is building an in-house EPC team to build 200MW+ sites primarily in the southeast due to the volume of projects they own! We are actively recruiting a Sr. Construction Manager to oversee the construction of 200MW+ sites while working with sub vendors to oversee the construction of various sites. This is an immediate opening starting on contract working 55+ hours a week.
Scope of Responsibilities:
The Construction Manager is directing, planning, and managing the solar utility construction project working onsite to ensure the project is completed within budget, on schedule, and in compliance with safety standards. The Construction Manager will work closely with the Project Manager to coordinate and direct construction workers, subcontractors, and vendors. Additional responsibilities include:
• Track and report project/construction progress and status
• Complete and submit site daily reports working with the PM
• Oversee subcontractors and vendors to ensure quality standards are met
• Interface and maintain project updates to owners and PM
• Determine the scheduling of different phases of a project based on established deadlines.
• Consult with superintendents or other managers to monitor construction progress, resolve problems that arise due to inclement weather, emergencies or other issues that may cause delays.
• General oversight that project construction activities and engineering are in conformance with the project specifications and the Project Quality Plan
• Coordinate and schedule project alignment meetings, teambuilding, internal trade alignment meetings and site planning activities prior to project start up
• Tracking and reporting of all project quantities and costs
• Monitoring and reviewing project labor hours, costs and quantities against budgets and work plans
• 5-10+ years of Construction Manager experience on utility scale sites
• 4+ years of 120MW+ sites
• BS in Construction Management is a plus
• Proficient with Microsoft Office
• Interested in joining the owner operator
• Willing to work 55+ hours per week
• Open to a contract to hire opportunity
• Will pass drug and background check
For additional consideration, please submit your resume to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your time and consideration!