[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Alternative Energy Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
At PIC Group, Inc., our emphasis is on excellence. We recruit the strongest candidates in the power generation industry. Our industry experience helps us offer unmatched service and support to our consultants. As a global service provider, we continually seek talented individuals. PIC consultants benefit from training programs and a global family of seasoned professionals united under a common goal to go beyond the job description each and every day.
Title: Commissioning Manager
Location: Wasco, OR
The Commissioning manager will plan development or review of contractors commissioning plan. This plan will include all tests required for the scope and be based off of client standards and requirements.
• Ability to develop and manage LOTO and switching plans.
• Provide, with support from the Project Manager, outage schedule and sequencing for the scope of work.
• Provide a daily field report that conveys progress of work, craft labor report, day’s activities completed, and plan of the day for the following day.
• Provide to Project Manager any notices of scope change or schedule creep.
• Ensure Contractor is meeting its obligations in regard to schedules, cost tracking, document control, project reporting, quality control, change order tracking, resource assignments and safety plans.
• The Commissioning Manager will verify throughout the work that the construction drawings are kept up to date. At the end of a scope or job a copy of as-built drawings will be provided to the Project Manager along with a set to remain at site until comments and red-lines have been picked up by the engineer and a new set of drawings has been delivered to the site.
• Provide verification and documentation of power, communication, control wire, and equipment testing and installation and check out.
• Additional tasks as required by the Project Manager.
• Coordinate work to ensure that all wiring is correct and verified by the commissioning contractor, all relay settings have been entered correctly and Station switching plans are implemented correctly to avoid any errant operations.
• Work with Contractor, Owner, Engineers and others as required in the planning and executing of the work procedures, interpreting specifications and coordinating various phases of commissioning to prevent delays.
• Support Project Manager and Site Construction Manager to review any requested Change Orders/Notices or other claims submitted by Commissioning Contractors which relate to additional payments, schedule adjustments or other modifications to the Project, and make such recommendations to the utility regarding the legitimacy of such claims and review the Commissioning Contractor’s proposed mitigation.
• Review and understand the project documentation and any related documentation and provide input to enhance the constructability of the Project, taking into account schedule, cost and quality considerations.
• 10 years of experience or BS in electrical engineering and 5 years’ experience in the following areas:
• Construction, maintenance and testing of electrical equipment.
• Relay protection and control systems.
• Start-up and commissioning of electrical equipment and systems.
• Electrical Field engineering.
• Arc Flash safety training.
• Troubleshooting of electrical equipment or systems.
• SCADA and communication systems.
• Self-directed individual that is focused on achieving desired results.
• Proven oral and written communications skills.
• Able to multitask.
• Computer skills applicable to MS Office.
• Proven supervisory skills based on past work history.
• Strong interpersonal skills with a strong customer service orientation.
We are proud to offer competitive wages and benefits. Prior to beginning work, all applicants must be willing to submit to a drug and alcohol screen as well as a background check, inclusive of criminal. We seek out and employ talented individuals who meet the qualifications for each position. PIC Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Due to the large number of responses we receive to our postings, only those applicants with the required experience and qualifications will be contacted.