[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Alternative Energy Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Title IC&E (Instrumentation, Controls and Electrical) Technician
Job Type Contract
Locations Wendel, CA
The IC&E (Instrumentation, Controls and Electrical) Technician is responsible for the maintenance and repair of all instruments, controls, and electrical systems at the plant.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Inspects, tests, adjusts, and maintains all instruments, control, and electrical systems to ensure equipment is in good working condition
* Performs preventative maintenance duties on all major equipment and systems as well as emergency back-up systems
* Works on plant distributed control system, including troubleshooting and configuration changes.
* Maintains complete equipment files, logs, and drawings for all designated equipment. * Orders spare parts and assists in managing inventory. Helps to forecast needs for parts and equipment, particularly during planned maintenance outages.
* Participates in administrative maintenance of the plant operating manuals, technical references, diagrams, and maintenance records.
* Inspects, tests, repairs, replaces as necessary all types of motors, generators, transformers, switches, control equipment, wiring, electrical signal and communications systems and storage batteries.
* Maintains emissions monitoring equipment as required by air permits
* Organizes technical data and completes appropriate records and reports
* Analyzes and interprets a wide variety of technical test data
* Assist with plant shutdown and start-up including the turbine and all auxiliary equipment
* Maintains a functional knowledge of the operations software and hardware
* Works closely with all team members to ensure each task is completed in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with all regulatory requirements
* Assists in the control of quality and productivity while maintaining good housekeeping standards on a continual basis
* Attends safety meetings and training programs and participates in plant safety programs as required.
* Required to work overtime as necessary in the form of additional hours per day and additional days per week as dictated by plant operations including but not limited to call-ins and outages both forced and planned.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY AND WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
The IC&E Technician is an individual contributor with no direct reports. The position reports directly to the Maintenance Manager and may take direction from other members of the plant management and supervisory teams.
The IC&E Technician collaborates with members of the operations and maintenance team to troubleshoot during plant upsets, as well as, on planned maintenance efforts aimed at improving overall plant performance and efficiencies.
* Minimum High School diploma or equivalent work experience. Related college courses or relevant B.S. Degree preferred.
* Five years or more of related power plant experience including instrumentation systems, preferably P.L.C., ABB and Bailey DCS
* Must have a detailed understanding of the operation of power plant IC&E systems, including instrumentation, controls, electrical and mechanical skills
* Proficiency reading and interpreting logic diagrams, mechanical and electrical drawings, and technical manuals
* Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
* Solid use of computer systems and software including the use of computer diagnostic applications and programs
* Effective written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to read and write clearly
* Proven ability to collaborate and work with others
* Must have the ability to follow and enforce safety, environmental and compliance policies
* Must have the ability to work independently and with limited supervision and direction
* Must be able to timely report to the plant with limited notice for call-outs, emergencies and/or shutdowns based on plant operational needs
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
* IC&E Technicians must be able to work in extreme temperatures inside and outside as the work may require exposure to heat, cold, wind, and rain
* IC&E Technicians may be exposed to dirt, ash, and fuel particles within the course of their work
* Must be able to lift a minimum of 35 lbs. and up to l 00 lbs. occasionally
* Must be able to sit for extended periods
* Must be able to work on feet for extended periods
* Requires the ability to climb stairs and ladders to work on the boiler and other plant structures. Must be able to work from heights and elevated areas.
* IC&E Technicians will be exposed to vibration, moving mechanical parts and loud noises
* Must be able to work in confined spaces
* Must be capable of using protective equipment such as hard hats, safety glasses/goggles, safety shoes, hearing protection, air masks, respirators, etc. in the performance of job duties
* Must be able to interface effectively with plant mechanical and control systems
Working with hazardous materials may be required
* All employees are required to comply with the Substance Abuse policy, which includes but is not limited to a post-offer drug screen and physical examination
We are proud to offer competitive wages and benefits. Prior to beginning work, all applicants must be willing to submit to a drug and alcohol screen as well as a background check, inclusive of criminal. We seek out and employ talented individuals who meet the qualifications for each position. PIC Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Due to the large number of responses we receive to our postings, only those applicants with the required experience and qualifications will be contacted.