[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Alternative Energy Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Job Summary: Maintains and repairs electrical equipment, instrumentation, and control systems. Monitors, maintains, and repairs plant Distributed Control System (DCS). Monitors, maintains, and repairs gas turbine and steam turbine control systems. Overall responsibility for assuring for the necessary instruments, controls electrical preventative maintenance of combustion turbine electric generators and the steam turbine electric generators, electric transformers, and electrical switchgear. Supports the corrective maintenance of the electrical and controls equipment.Job Responsibilities:
* Maintain, calibrate and repair plant electrical, instrumentation, and control systems.
* Perform routine trouble-shooting activities.
* Use Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) effectively to accomplish required maintenance in and efficient and organized manner.
* Responsible for maintaining logs, manuals, records, blueprints and operating procedures in a neat and professional manner. Provide written reports on control system conditions when required.
* Schedule and monitor contractors for necessary maintenance or modifications.
* Assist in review of spare parts inventory as required to cost effectively minimize equipment down-time and assure high plant availability
* Implement plant improvements and modifications as assigned.
* Verbally report any unusual conditions to plant supervisory personnel.
* Qualify to stand operations watch as soon as practical.
* Stand in for Operator Technicians when necessary.
* Work call-outs on an as-needed basis.
* Provide training of relevant systems to Operator Technicians who are qualifying on site equipment and systems.
* Perform other duties as assigned by management.
* Assist in maintaining a clean plant.Qualifications / Education / Experience* High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in instrument/electrical and control system applications.
* Strong mechanical aptitude with a basic understanding of chemistry, physics, electricity and mathematics.
* Ability to respond calmly and think clearly in emergency situations.
* Demonstrated proficiency in the use of precision measuring instruments and power tools.
* Ability to visually read and respond to computer-generated data, instrumentation, gauges, readouts and variations in color. Must have manual dexterity required to operate keyboards, push buttons, dials, valves and mechanical-actuating devices.