[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Alternative Energy Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Our client is seeking a Client Representative to work within their facilities located in Connecticut.
• Rotation: 4 weeks on, 4 weeks off. Further details must be planned directly with the project Offshore Installation Managers. You will be working back-to-back with another Client Rep.
• Dec - Feb will be HDD followed by Cable lay and burial in Feb-July.
• Ports: HDD will be from Bridgeport in Connecticut
• Cable Lay and Burial will be from Providence Port.
• Prepare and distribute Daily Progress Reports (DPR) as required
• Ensure the DPRs are signed by all required parties
• Review and understand RA/MS and QHSE documents as required before execution phase commences and keep updated on changes in the documents
• Attend daily meetings, toolbox talks and any other discussions to ensure that the works are being carried out in a safe manner to the required quality
• During all defined key activities and otherwise as often as practicable be present as a witness during installation. Access all work areas provided it is safe to do so
• Participate in safety walks with HSE representatives and Contractor organizations
• GWO courses: Sea Survival, Working at Heights, First Aid, Fire Awareness, Manual Handling
• BOSIET/HUET incl. CA-EBS from 2023
• OGUK Medical certificate including Chester step
• IOSH Managing Safely or similar HSE training
• IT proficient (Microsoft Word, Excel and Internet)
• Can do attitude and strong communication skills
• Speaks, reads and writes English fluently
• Address in the US
• Minimum Marine/Offshore operational experience.
• Must have worked offshore on a working vessel in either the renewable sector or within oil and gas construction.
• Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience of offshore cable lay (or flexible product, EG umbilical), for example:
• Experience of HDD pull-in, cable lay, cable pull-ins to WTG and Offshore Substations and burial of offshore cables from an Installation vessel.
• Experience of installing industry standard cable protection systems (CPS)
• Offshore cable lay and/or trenching of flexible product, (EG umbilical)
• Experience of installing and/or burial of offshore cable or flexible projects from an installation vessel.
• Previously employed by an installation contractor is a plus.