[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Alternative Energy Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
At PIC Group, Inc., our emphasis is on excellence. We recruit the strongest candidates in the power generation industry. As a global service provider, we continually seek talented individuals.
Title: Hydro Technician Level II
Position Type: Direct Hire
Location: Plattsburgh, NY
Reports to: Site Supervisor
The Hydro Technician Level II will complete the site training program and should be capable of the independent operation of assigned hydro facility equipment such as turbines, pumps, valves, gates, fans, electrical control boards, and battery banks. The Hydro Technician Level II monitors equipment operation and performance and makes the necessary adjustments to ensure optimal performance. The Hydro Technician Level II is also responsible for the daily operation of assigned hydroelectric power plant facilities and rotating / on-call responsibilities will be part of this position. Under the direction of the Site Supervisor the Hydro Technician II will work on the maintenance, operation, testing, installation, and analysis of mechanical systems at hydro facilities and will perform less complicated job duties without supervision and more complicated job duties under limited supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs all tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
• Must be qualified on the daily checks of the hydro generating station and its associated equipment and the reporting of possible malfunctions.
• Report environmental concerns to Site Supervisor.
• Perform preventative or corrective containment or cleanup measures in the hydroelectric plant to prevent environmental contamination, with supervision.
• Implement the emergency action plan associated with dams and waterways with direct supervision.
• Assist in the documentation of all activities associated with the operations of maintenance of the hydro plant.
• Perform Lock-Out/Tag-Out procedures for the isolation of equipment.
• Assist with the troubleshooting, maintenance, repairs, disassembly and re-assembly of large and complex equipment such as piping systems, gear boxes, drive mechanisms, pumps, compressors, hydraulic power, and pressure unites, valves, gates, trash racks, turbines, motors, and generators.
• Assist in testing, adjustments, services, and maintenance on various mechanical meters and gates used in measuring capacity, flow, pressure, temperature, and velocity of liquids.
• Perform assigned duties in substation operation.
• Perform assigned duties in substation operation under close supervision.
• Perform switching duties associated with the isolation of station and equipment for operations and maintenance purposes.
• Coordinate with the Site Supervisor in the tracking and managing mechanical maintenance activities performed by third party providers.
• Evaluate equipment failures with other technicians for methods or procedures to prevent reoccurrence.
• Provide support in the budgeting process for the sites assigned.
• Interface with the Site Manager for the implementation of maintenance plans.
• Perform supervised dam safety inspections.
• Ability to run station cranes, hoist, and other lifting equipment.
• Must be capable of the operation of plant vehicles and heavy equipment.
• Must possess a strong mechanical aptitude.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Must be able to read and understand mechanical, hydraulic, and civil drawings for us of troubleshooting equipment.
• Ability to use mechanical testing and measuring equipment, such as gauges, dial indicators, calipers, and micrometers.
• Knowledge in the use of mechanical hand tools and power tools.
• Must be able to perform welding, burning, cutting, and grinding as required.
• Must possess a working knowledge of personal computers, mobile phones, and associated hardware and software.
• Must have excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Ability to work as part of a team and involve others in decisions when appropriate.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Must be able to travel as needed.
• Knowledge of Health and Safety Awareness guidelines.
• Ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
• Strong attention to detail.
• May be required to work overtime.
• Working in varied outdoor environments such as all-weather conditions, all noise levels, hazardous conditions, and on the full range of outdoor work surfaces.
• The frequent use of protective equipment (i.e., hard hats, safety glasses, air masks, ear protection, chemical suits, hot gloves, and high voltage protective equipment, etc.) may be required. Work with hazardous materials may also be required.
• Working in proximity to high voltages and current with proper training and equipment, operating heavy equipment and rolling stock and entering confined spaces or hazardous environments may be required while often being exposed to equipment and machinery noises.
• Duties require walking, standing for extended periods of time, crawling, stooping, sitting, climbing vertical and inclined ladders and stairs, operation of large valves and other tasks requiring up to 100 lbs. of pulling or turning force, and lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs. Exposure to extreme heat and cold.
• Eye and hand coordination are required to operate switches, pushbuttons, and other controls.
• Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Education / Experience:
• Associate degree in mechanical engineering technology or successful completion of vocational or trade school specializing in mechanical trades is required.
• Six (6) years of on-the-job experience in the mechanical field performing maintenance and repair work is required.
• OSHA 10 certification preferred
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints preferred.
• Technical documentation writing preferred.
PIC Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive wages and benefits. We seek out and employ talented individuals who meet the qualifications for each position. Due to the large number of responses we receive to our postings, only those applicants with the required experience and qualifications will be contacted.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. - All rights reserved.